A new report from the Citrix Service Provider Center of Excellence revealed that the Desktops-as-a-Service market has matured and grown to the point where large organizations are embracing cloud-hosted services. Service providers continue to change their IT infrastructure models, add new services, and provide packaged applications and IT services to larger organizations.
The report was based on a global survey of these service providers, which was conducted to gain insights into the evolution of this emerging market, and where possible, compare the results with surveys from previous years. This year’s survey generated more than 800 responses from Citrix Service Providers, up from 500 responses in 2015, an increase that may signal increased interest and intensity in DaaS and other mobility services compared to previous years. Survey responses represented from more than 25 countries on five continents, illustrating the global appeal of DaaS and apps delivered as a service.
Based on the results and the scope of the service provider responses, the following trends and implications become apparent:
- Global Appeal: The fact that survey included respondents from more than 25 countries in every major global region illustrates how DaaS has become a global market.
- Maturing Market: Responses showed the percentage of service providers are delivering apps and desktops to larger organizations has doubled, indicating greater trust in DaaS among mid-sized to large businesses.
- Maturing Growth Projections: The survey showed a consistent growth projection among service providers compared to previous surveys, indicating a maturing market and healthy demand.
- Continued Preference for Proprietary IT Infrastructure: From an infrastructure perspective, DaaS providers continue to prefer delivering DaaS from their own datacenters or co-location facilities, where they have the greatest control over the infrastructure.
- Desire to Embrace the Cloud: A significant percentage of providers continue to plan to migrate to cloud-based infrastructure in the next 12 months, indicating a strong trend towards the cloud that is in the early stages. Yet slower-than-anticipated follow-through indicates that the process of moving workloads to the cloud has been complex.
- Demand for New Services Emerging: The strong emergence of Microsoft Office 365 offered as a managed service indicates that the breadth of services will continue to change as future workspace needs evolve and grow.
- Consistent Vertical Market Appeal: DaaS and related services have a consistent appeal across a broad range of vertical markets. While the survey respondents specialize in markets ranging from healthcare to manufacturing to financial services to construction, most specialize in their respective vertical markets to limit competition and preserve their unique value and margins.
Want more detail from the report? You can download the full 2016 Global DaaS Market Report, and view highlights from the Citrix Service Provider Center of Excellence.
We also invite you to join our webinar on the results to learn more about our survey findings and how you can take advantage of this surging market.
Interested in joining the Citrix Service Provider Program? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a Citrix Service Provider to supply Desktops-as-a-Service? Visit Citrix Partner Locator