I’m excited to announce that we have released the Skype for Business Service for CloudPortal Services Manager. This new service allows Citrix Service Providers to easily deploy, deliver, manage and scale Skype for Business to multi-tenant customers as an individual hosted service or as part of a hosted workspace bundle – without compromise to user experience.
Why We Developed the Skype for Business Service
Over the last couple of years, we’ve seen an increasing demand in the market for Service Providers to offer a complete hosted workspace. Skype for Business is an essential component to a hosted workspace, and due to Office 365 growth, we saw the need to give you the ability to up-level the value of your offerings by being able to bundle Skype with your other service offerings. With Office 365 and on premises services such as Lync and Exchange in the market, the Skype for Business Service helps Citrix Service Providers to be seen as a strong solution – avoiding squeezed market share and margins.
Past surveys of our Citrix Service Providers have shown us that hosted services gain the most traction amongst small and medium businesses (SMB). Delivering chat, voice and collaboration services to SMBs requires multi-tenancy and efficient tools and processes – like those found in CloudPortal Services Manager – in order to be profitable.
We’ve also seen that industry compliance and best practices may require service infrastructure per customer – increasing cost and reducing margin.
Expand Your Portfolio and Increase your ARPU with the Skype for Business Service
Add Skype for Business to your hosted services portfolio while meeting your bottom line to create more revenue and goals to increase customer satisfaction:
- Expand Your Portfolio and Increase ARPU: Meet trending demand for modern chat and collaboration services as part of a complete business ready workspace offering.
- Drive Margin: Optimize costs and management overhead with a single enterprise-grade deployment shared across multiple tenants.
- Save Money and Please Customers: Reduce customer support overhead and increase customer satisfaction with customer self-service capabilities.
- Deliver High Quality End User Experience: Deliver the best possible Skype end user experience in a hosted desktop environment.
What IT Administrators can do with the Skype for Business Service
- Easily Service Small and Medium Businesses: Leverage multi-tenant architecture and streamlined customer and user onboarding to keep your costs down and quality of service up.
- Build and Deliver Complete Workspace Offerings: Use customer and user plans to quickly build and deliver bundled services such as Skype, Exchange, Hosted Apps and Desktops and ShareFile.
- Improve Ticket Time-to-Resolution: Allow customer admins and helpdesk personnel to handle Skype provisioning and configuration requests; secure back end systems to full access admins.
- Offer Low Cost Trial and Demo Experiences: Use a multi-tenant and multi-location architecture with simple onboarding and management to offer inspiring demo and trial experiences.
- Meet Isolation Requirements: Leverage CloudPortal Services Manager for a consistent operational and reporting process for dedicated and multi-tenant deployments.
- Deliver High Quality End User Experience: Deliver the best possible Skype end user experience in a hosted desktop by leveraging the Skype Optimization pack for XenApp/XenDesktop
Also released today: Updated Hosted Apps and Desktops Service for Cloud Portal Services Manager
- Download the Skype for Business Service (requires Citrix Service Provider Login)
- CloudPortal Services Manager Product Page
- CloudPortal Services Manager Product Documentation
- CloudPortal Services Manager Forums