Frequently Asked Questions – NetScaler Gateway Service
We are announcing Beta for NetScaler Gateway Service. This is a public beta open to anyone who is either an existing XenApp and XenDesktop customer or a new customer interested in subscribing for XenApp and XenDesktop Service on Citrix Cloud.
1. What is NetScaler Gateway Service?
NetScaler Gateway Service (NGS) is a complementary service to XenApp and XenDesktop Service on Citrix Cloud that delivers the same high-quality user experience as an on-premises NetScaler Gateway, but without the need to configure firewall ports, TLS certificates, or register a DNS domain.
2. I am a current XenApp and XenDesktop service subscriber. Can I now subscribe for NGS?
At general availability, NGS will be available through the same channels as other Citrix Cloud Services (sold through Citrix partners on a per-user per-year basis), see https://www.citrix.com/products/citrix-cloud/buy.html for more details.
3. I have NetScaler in my datacenter today. Can I use it as a front-end to Apps and Desktop service hosted on Citrix Cloud?
Yes. You can continue to use your on-premises NetScaler with the XenApp and XenDesktop service on Citrix Cloud.
4. What other components do I need to use NGS with the XenApp and XenDesktop service?
The on-premises component (NetScaler Gateway Connector) is included as part of the Citrix Cloud Connector, which is also required for the XenApp and XenDesktop Service. Please note, at this time, there is currently a limit of 30 concurrent users per Cloud Connector for NGS (this limit only applies to NGS, it does not apply to the XenApp service itself, or other Citrix Cloud services). If you have a need for more than 30 concurrent users, you may deploy multiple NetScaler Gateway connectors.
5. If I subscribe to NGS, do I have to request any changes in my firewall?
No. There are no changes required in your DMZ or your corporate firewall. NGS includes HTTP proxy support, should your network policy require it to access Internet services from within your network.
6. If I have multiple data-centers, can I use NGS?
Yes. NGS will route HDX directly to the correct data-center. To take advantage of this feature, configure multiple zones in the XenApp service. (note: in the current beta, ensure that *all* Cloud Connectors and Machine Catalogs are put into new zones to ensure reliable connectivity).
7. Is there going to be monitoring service in the future, something like HDX Insight?
We are still planning our roadmap and will communicate as appropriate.
8. How much do I have to pay to get this service?
We are have not revealed pricing at this time, and will do so closer to general availability of the service.
9. I am interested in this service. How do I enroll for Beta?
If you are a paying customer using XenApp and XenDesktop service, you will have to request a free trial and enroll using a different account. We want to ensure we don’t introduce a new component in your production environment, that is not generally available.
For new customers: Please request a free trial from http://bit.ly/NGSBeta
Once you get access to the service portal, please enable the NetScaler Gateway Service as shown below:
10. How do I provide feedback for NetScaler Gateway Service?
Please visit the link here to provide feedback: http://bit.ly/NGSfeedback