The XenApp and XenDesktop buzz that started last week at Citrix Synergy in Las Vegas continues to swirl, and today we deliver the pay-off and announce the official release of XenApp and XenDesktop 7.9. This latest release further extends the capabilities of app and desktop delivery with features around security, experience and flexibility such as:
- Single Sign-on to virtual apps and desktops with the Federated Authentication Service using third-party credential providers, such as Google from a Chromebook. Simplify account management for contractors and mergers as well as BYO programs.
- Intel Iris Pro graphics to accelerate 3D and other graphics-rich workloads at an attractive price point.
- Support for provisioning VMs on the Nutanix Acropolis platform embracing hyperconverged infrastructure.
- Reduction of IOPS by up to 95% using the latest Machine Creation Services caching options.
- Load balancing and fault tolerance functionality for the Universal Print Server.
- New versions of Citrix Receiver for iOS, Android, Chrome and HTML to work from the device and platform of your choice with full functionality.
and much more!
For additional details, be sure to check out Carisa Stringer’s announcement blog post.
For customers with active Software Maintenance (SWM) or Subscription Advantage (SA), as of May 18th, 2016, we encourage you to download XenApp and XenDesktop 7.9 today! And don’t forget these related products and components as well that you’ll find on the download pages.
Provisioning Services 7.9. Enhancements to the Boot Device Manager (BDM).
AppDNA 7.9. Expanded AppDisk integration and security-related reporting.
SCCM Connector 3.1. Support for the latest SCCM releases.
Linux VDA 1.3. Client drive mappings and CentOS support.
XenServer 7. See Marc Trouard-Riolle’s blog post here.
New SCOM Management Bundle. Usability improvements.