Law enforcement officers protect and serve our communities day in and day out—it benefits all of us when they spend less time doing paperwork and more time in the field.
Thankfully, with Citrix Secure Forms, the repetitive tasks get done faster and require less attention from field officers. WorxForms allows officers to quickly capture field data using smartphones, and skip the time spent later on data entry and paperwork at their desks.
Let’s look at what happens today in one of the core business processes of a law enforcement agency: digital evidence collection.
Officers collect evidence at the incidence site using a combination of paper, audio recorders, email, and digital cameras. After leaving the site, the officer goes back to the precinct and sits at a desk while they upload all of the collected information into a case file. Now that the case file is created, the officer can finally start the appropriate workflows to process the incidence.
This is not only inefficient, but also results in low job satisfaction ratings. After all, the officers joined the agency to keep the streets safe, not to do data entry work.
What if the data could be entered directly into the workflow tool from the scene of the incident? With WorxForms, officers have a consumer-grade mobile application where they can collect data in real time. They can use their smartphone to record interviews, take pictures of the incidence, enter a person’s information by reading the barcode on the back of their driver’s license, and dictate notes using speech-to-text. Once the form is filled in, officers can securely submit the form to their case management system.
The data is secured using Citrix XenMobile MDX technology: data at rest on a mobile device are encrypted and then transferred securely over a MicroVPN to an on-premise ShareFile StorageZone. Because the data are saved in open data formats, it is easily transferred to an existing case management system. Now the appropriate workflows can be kicked off before the officer even leaves the scene—talk about a transformation.
Step 1: Business users create and publish a form
Step 2: End users collect and submit field data
The officer saves time:
- No need to return to the precinct to upload files
- No work required to consolidate media files in a structured format
- No double entry of notes from paper to case management system
IT saves time and resources:
- Consumer-grade user experience with zero mobile code
- Enterprise-grade security for (1) data at rest on a mobile device and (2) data in motion from the mobile device to a backend server sitting behind the firewall
- Easy integration with open data formats like XML, JSON, and PDF
Additional use cases:
- Traffic (Speeding and Parking) Ticket Issuance
- Jail Check-In and Check-Out
- Probable Cause Declaration
- Resource Planning: An iBeacon is turned on at a command center in the field. Each department reporting to the command center can submit a form reporting when they arrived at the scene and when they left. This information can be used to report on resource utilization across various emergency personnel
Talk to your Citrix Sales representative about how you can transform your law enforcement workflows using Citrix Secure Forms.
If you are attending Synergy 2016, visit us at the XenMobile Booth and attend our hands-on Learning Lab – SYN625.
Note: Citrix Secure Forms was previously called WorxForms