With consistent growth in the cloud hosted workspaces market over the last several years–and with independent analysts anticipating this trend to continue for several more years–successful service providers are finding that adopting Citrix technologies is critical to riding the crest of this wave.
2015 has been an eventful year for Citrix in this space, with the release of several major cloud enabling technologies, updates, and best practice guidance for multi-tenant service providers.
The aggressive release schedule for XenApp and XenDesktop feature packs–3 within the calendar year–as well as new multi-tenant capabilities brought to market in Citrix ShareFile, has presented new opportunities for Citrix Service Providers to differentiate themselves as leaders for Desktops-as-a-Service and Cloud Hosted Workspaces. Needless to say, there will be plenty to talk about when Citrix and our partners all meet at Citrix Summit in January 2016.
I am excited to say that, this year, we are evolving the format of our Citrix Service Provider technical sessions at Summit 2016 to include more interactivity in our technical breakouts. While the three primary sessions will present the latest in capabilities, and in field best practices, we are looking forward to a great dialog with you, our session attendees.
The three primary technical sessions in this year’s tract, as presented by our Product, Engineering and Services teams are:
- SUM230: Citrix Service Provider reference architecture: updates, highlights and tips and tricks
- SUM231: Streamline and simplify your hosting service business with Cloud Portal Services Manager
- SUM232: Migrating to CPSM and App Orchestration – a new way to get to Desktops-as-a-Service quickly
All three sessions are scheduled back-to-back, so that interested attendees can collaborate with us on concepts and practices discussions across all of the components within our multi-tenant reference architecture.
Joining us to facilitate discussions across a wide array of technical topics for Citrix Service Providers will be:
- Kurt Moody – Director of Solutions Architecture for Citrix Cloud Apps and Desktops
- Kirk Manzer – Senior Manager of Product Development for Citrix Solutions Lab
- Daniel L’Hommedieu – Senior Product Manager, Citrix Cloud Services Group
- Selma Wei – Architect, Citrix Worldwide Professional Services
- Priyadarshan Ketkar – Lead Architect, Citrix Worldwide Professional Services… and other Citrix and partner team members.
With all of the vendor posturing around commodity DaaS, the major vendor shifts and acquisitions that have been accelerating over the last couple of years, and now the emerging business-ready workspaces offerings, I look forward to sharing some of our real-world challenges and successes, and to get your feedback on where we all need to evolve in order to take advantage of the opportunities unfolding before us.
Come talk with us in the Citrix Service Provider technical sessions at Citrix Summit 2016!
For your interest, here is the full Citrix Service Provider session tract.
So much in store for you at Summit – if you haven’t already, register now!