Citrix is pleased to announce that Receiver 3.8 for Android is now available. A number of improvements and features are now available including:
- In session, right-to-left text support for languages such as Hebrew.
- Extended support for Desktop Replacement Target Devices – second screen uses, allowing you to use a wider range of devices with a docking station or a HDMI-out dongle.
- New HDX engine improves the user experience: you won’t have to scroll and pan as much while using virtual apps and desktops.
- Robust enhancements for connectivity and efficiency.
Of course you’ll also get all the enhancements and features of the recent 3.7.x releases too including:
- Enhanced Fit to display operation enabling apps to be displayed in full screen on most devices.
- Screen Mirroring to attached monitors on some devices.
- Support for the Korea LG-CNS set top box including in-session menu bar hiding
- Improved SSL security including support for TLS 1.1 and 1.2 and the ability to limit connectivity to specific versions in settings.
- Support for Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
Citrix Receiver for Android is just one of our Receiver products that offer customers the choice to run applications on their choice of end points. You can learn more about the range of choice and features in the Receiver Feature Matrix.
Android users can update to the latest Receiver version from the Google Play Store (preferred) or at the download page. For questions and comments, take advantage of the Receiver for Android Discussions area. Android Receivers can also find useful documentation and advice on the online page.