This blog post walks you through the Automated XenDesktop deployment on CloudPlatform using Citrix Lifecycle Management.
- Install and configure Windows 2012 or Windows 2012 R2 64 bit Sysprep VM template with Remote Desktop enabled
- Configure user account resource limits such as IP Address, Volume, Primary Storage and VM Instances)
- Use a VM with the CLM agent installed on it as connector. This applies for a private cloud powered by Citrix CloudPlatform
Step 1: Obtain CloudPlatform user API key and Secret Key
Step 2 : From the Citrix Lifecycle Management UI, click “Resources and Settings” to add your existing Citrix CloudPlatform as the Resource Location in CLM with API and Secret Key.
Step 3 : Click “Design & Deploy”. Point to the “XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept” and select Actions > Deploy
Step 4 : Choose your Citrix CloudPlatform Resource location
Step 5: Select “Create new VMs “ and choose CloudPlatform Resource Location
Step 6: Select the zone
Step 7: Select the Windows Template needed for XenDesktop POC BluePrint deployment
Step 8: Select the following: a) Service Offering b) Network c) Disk Offering
Step 9: Specify the credentials for the selected Windows Template
Step 10: Configure Active Directory and VDA Instances
Step 11: Save the deployment profile and Click “Deploy”
Step 12: After successful deployment, Active Directory VM, Delivery Controller VM and VDA VM are created on CloudPlatform.
Common Deployment Problems:
- Problem Statement : Not enough IP Address in shared network
Solution: Increase the IP address Range
2. Problem Statement: Account primary storage max limits are exceeded
Solution: Increase the Primary storage User or Domain level Resource limits