Are you foregoing the security, mobility and flexibility benefits of virtual desktops due to a lack of in-house VDI skillsets, or because the cost and complexity is intimidating?
Are you interested in the simplicity of DaaS, but stymied by the lack of control over the desktop, moving everything to the cloud, inflexibility of deployment options, and the poor user experience delivered by DaaS providers?
If these or other reasons have been holding you back from deploying virtual apps and desktops or embracing cloud services, it’s time to put those experiences and doubts behind you.
Welcome to Citrix Workspace Cloud.
Last week, Citrix announced the general availability of Citrix Workspace Cloud, the industry’s first cloud management platform for IT to enable business productivity through the secure delivery and management of desktops, apps, device management and data from any cloud or infrastructure – on-premises, public or private clouds, or a hybrid approach.
There’s nothing general or pedestrian about Workspace Cloud. It’s a revolutionary, game-changing service for customers that also offers an unmatched opportunity for Citrix partners to deliver greater customer value.
This is especially the case around one of the core services of Workspace Cloud: the Applications and Desktops Service.
The Citrix Workspace Cloud Applications and Desktops Service enables you to deliver secure virtual apps and desktops to any device, and leave the product installation, setup, configuration, upgrades and monitoring to Citrix.
The subscription service is based on industry-leading XenApp and XenDesktop technology and enables you to maintain complete control over applications, policies and users while delivering the best user experience on any device, under any network condition. To see how simple and easy the service is, watch this 2-minute video on the Applications and Desktops Service that Carisa Stringer put together.
Why Deliver Virtual Apps and Desktops Using Workspace Cloud?
If you want the exceptional experience, security and flexibility benefits of XenApp and XenDesktop, but don’t want to install the software in your datacenter and manage it yourself, Workspace Cloud is ideal for you. The Applications and Desktops Service is always on and always up to date and it enables you to:
- Accelerate app and desktop deployment and time-to-production value
- Deliver workloads from your datacenter, any public or private cloud, or a hybrid of both
- Centrally manage apps and desktops across multiple resource locations more easily
- Scale app and desktop services up or down to meet demand or change requirements
- Automatically integrate with Citrix ShareFile, XenMobile, and new Lifecycle Management services
Citrix Workspace Cloud is Unlike Any Other Virtual App and Desktop Service
Desktop-as-a-Service solutions force you to migrate your apps, data and infrastructure to the cloud. Amazon Workspaces only supports Windows-hosted shared desktops, and uses Teradici PCoIP, which provides an inferior user experience and increases bandwidth and networking costs. And VMware Horizon DaaS is a closed system strictly based on the vSphere hypervisor that uses PCoIP to deliver only Windows VDI from VMware-controlled resource zones.
If you don’t like the limitations and restrictions of those services, you’re going to love the uncompromising Applications and Desktop Service of Workspace Cloud. It’s the only solution that:
- Delivers Windows or Linux shared hosted and VDI desktops in minutes to any device.
- Supports workloads located on Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere.
- Extends on-premises workloads into the cloud of your choice and lets you manage it all from a single management service.
- Provides the security, control and performance of your datacenter with the ease of a cloud-based management platform.
- Delivers a superior user and native device experience through Citrix HDX technology, which includes HTML5 clientless access, hassle-free printing, and unrivaled support for Microsoft Lync and Skype for Business across Windows, Mac and Linux devices.
- Offers a subscription service at a predictable fee that also lets you choose the best cost and performance for the workload.
- Automates migrations to the latest XenApp and XenDesktop, managed by Citrix in Workspace Cloud.
Two Service Packages That Can Cure Your Application and Desktop Headaches Now
If you’re looking for a lower-cost way to deliver apps and desktops that is also simple and flexible, consider one of these two service packages, which begin at the monthly equivalent of $20 per user.
With the Workspace Cloud Applications and Desktops Service, it has never been easier to leverage the power of XenApp and Desktop, which are already used by more than 140 million people worldwide, including across every top company and major industry. Go to workspace.cloud.com and sign up for a free trial.
Citrix Workspace Cloud Apps & Desktops Service: it’s the prescription IT needs to increase business mobility, flexibility and productivity, at a subscription fee as attractive as the service.