In this Blog, We will go through the Steps required to Configure WorxApps such as Worxmail, WorxNotes and WorxTasks with Office 365 Support and the End User experience.
1. Microsoft Office 365 Account.
2. WorxApps MDX Wrapped Files (WorxMail, WorxNotes and WorxTasks) need to be uploaded to XMS Server.
3. Device should be able to reach the outlook.office365.com (on Port 443) directly if WorxMail MDX policy is set to Unrestricted Mode or Netscaler should be able to reach outlook.office365.com (on Port 443) if WorxMail MDX Policy is set to Tunnel to Internal Network.
4. Initial Configuration of XMS Server to be Completed.
Configuring WorxMail, WorxTasks and WorxNotes for Office365 Account
1. Launch the XMS server via browser and enter user name and password to sign into the server
2. Click the Start button to continue
3. Under Configure -> Apps, Select the WorxMail application and Click on Edit.
4. Click Next
5. Scroll down till the App Settings section and enter the Outlook exchange Server Name for office365 and the WorxMail userdomain (optional). Here I have entered outlook.office365.com as Exchange Server.
6. Enter the Same details for Android Platform
7. Uncheck the Windows Phone.
8. Click Next
9. Select the Delivery Group and Click Save.
10. Under Configure -> Apps, Select the WorxTasks application and Click on Edit.
11. Scroll down till the App Settings Page and enter the office365 exchange server name for WorxTasks Exchange Server Field.
12. On Android, the Exchange Server field is not available as WorxTasks for Android requires a valid WorxMail account as it does not sync directly with Exchange.
13. Uncheck Windows Phone
14. Click Next
15. Select the Delivery Group and Click Save.
16. Under Configure -> Apps, Select the WorxNotes application and Click on Edit.
17. For iOS, Enter outlook.office365.com as WorxNotes Exchange Server. WorxNotes user domain is optional.
18. For Android, Enter outlook.office365.com as WorxNotes Exchange Server
19. Uncheck Windows Phone
20. Click Next
21. Select Delivery Group and Click Save.
WorxMail for iOS – End User Experience
1. On iOS devices, Launch WorxMail and enter the password.
2. Enter the username in the format <username>@<Youroffice365domainname> as shown below and enter the Password and click Sign on.
3. Folder Download Starts
4. Compose an Email to a Non-Domain User.
5. We can see Email in the Sent Items.
6. Search for the contact from the same office365 domain.
7. Below are the Contact Information such as Mobile, Phone Number and Email.
WorxMail for Android – End User Experience
1. Launch WorxMail for Android and you will be asked to enter the Username and Password information.
2. Entering the Domain is not required. Enter username in <Username>@<office365domain> format and enter the password.
3. Account Verification Starts
4. After account verification, Account gets Saved.
5. Email Sync starts.
6. Search for a Contact from the Same office365 domain.
WorxNotes for iOS End User Experience
1. On iOS devices, Launch WorxNotes and you will see the below screen. Tap on Select under WorxNotes.
2. Enter the Username as <Username>@<office365domainname> and the password.
3. Wait for the Account Verification to complete.
4. Once the Account is validated, Syncing of Notes starts.
5. Create a Test Note.
6. You can see the “Send” option for the Note. Tap on Send.
7. Tap on Email.
8. Componse an Email
9. Enter the recipient’s Name and Tap Send.
10. From Step 7, Tap on Email as Attachment and you will see the below page.
11. Enter the recipient’s Name
12. Tap on Send.
13. We can see the test email in outlook (Step 16)
14. We can see the email with attachment in outlook (step 19)
WorxNotes – Android End User Experience
1. On Android device, Launch WorxNotes and you will see the below screen. Tap on Select under WorxNotes.
3. Create a Note
4. Test Note Created.
5. Tap on the Icon highlighted and hit Send.
6. Enter the Recipient’s Name.
7. Hit Send.
Office 365 Login –Tasks and Flagged Items
1. Launch Browser and Login to https://outlook.office365.com and click on Tasks.
2. Here we can see the Flagged Items and Tasks created by the User.
3. In the next Section, we will see these tasks get synchronized on the WorxTasks using the office365 account.
WorxTasks – iOS End User Experience
1. When user launches WorxTasks, the first page has the username field without the office365 domain name.
2. Complete the user name field by appending the office365 domain name to the username as shown below and enter the password and tap Sign On.
3. Useraccount verification starts
4. Once the account is verified, Syncing of Tasks from the Outlook Starts as shown below.
5. Now we can see that the tasks the User has created in Outlook have appeared in WorxTasks..
6. We can see the Task Description as shown below.
7. The Flagged email from Outlook appear here.
8. Flagged Email Contents.
9. All Tasks can be viewed in a Single Page on WorxTasks Application
WorxTasks – Android End User Experience
1. Launch WorxTasks for Android.
2. Click on Allow to accept the WorxNotes to sync with Exchange Account.
WorxTasks for Android requires a valid WorxMail account as it does not sync directly with Exchange.
3. Tap on Start
4. We can see all tasks created by the User in Outlook have appeared here.
5. Flagged Emails.
6. Tasks Window.