Double Down On VDI By Providing Excellent End-User Search Experience
The benefits of virtual desktop infrastructures (VDI) are clear – enabling secure and efficient BYOD, streamlining IT administration, and reducing operational costs. Key to any VDI deployment is end-user satisfaction and adoption.
Because best practice dictates disabling Windows indexing to ensure optimal resource performance, end-users tend to be frustrated by poor search experiences.
With X1 Search Virtual Edition™, it is possible to provide an excellent end-user search experience while deploying VDI in a way that conserves virtual computing resources. It creates a win-win solution because both IT and end-users are happy. As a result, VDI deployments gain traction and breadth.
That is why Gartner says, “Budget for a product like X1 to provide search capabilities to improve the virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) user experience” in the April 2, 2015 report Cool Vendors in Endpoint Computing, 2015.
Attend this event on June 10, 2015, to hear Citrix and X1 search experts discuss how to harness the benefits of VDI while maintaining and improving end-user productivity.
In this webinar you will:
- See why desktop and enterprise search are critical elements of end-user productivity
- Learn how to enable lighting fast end-user retrieval of emails and files even without Windows indexing
- Understand how to reap all the benefits of VDI while still providing end-users with a user-friendly, intuitive search solution architected to also conserve VDI resources
- See how one large organization is using X1 Search as a carrot to get more users on to virtual desktops
- Barry Murphy – Senior Vice-President of Product Marketing and Strategy, X1
- Sridhar Mullapudi – Senior Director, Product Management – DNA, Citrix
Date: Wednesday, June 10, 2015.
Time: 9:30 – 10:30 AM PDT