I know. I know. You’ve only been telling me since… well, since before I even officially started working at Citrix! (Remember those DMs, Kees?)
All of you want a community user group that is for the users and run by the users – none of that “Marketing stuff” (I have to keep it somewhat clean here). We listened and we’ve worked with users like you to create the Citrix User Group Community, or CUGC. (We pronounce it C-U-G-C. Just in case you were wondering. You were wondering, weren’t you?)
The CUGC is an online and in-person hub for Citrix users and technology professionals around the world and in all industries. The goal is to provide social and networking opportunities, a calendar of events, organization for online and in person events, knowledge sharing and the tools you need to manage your user groups – AND you can cut through the information clutter and get right to the valuable, independent insights you crave. (See? I told you we were listening. 😉 )
We launched at Synergy on Tuesday, May 12! You can find us at www.mycugc.org and follow us on Twitter @mycugc.
What does that mean?
Well. It means a party of course! Stop by the Citrix Community booth #101 and join the conversations!
It’s been really difficult keeping our excitement to a dull roar. (You probably have heard a few things already. Get ready! It’s pretty exciting!) We’ve got some GREAT things to share with you and can’t wait for you to get involved and make it your own.
- The CUGC is a community of technology professionals.
- We strive to be the voice of Citrix technology users and managers.
- We are dedicated to helping our members and their businesses excel through education, knowledge sharing, networking and influence.
Anyone interested in Citrix products can join. That includes customer users, partners and independents. There are plenty of ways to get involved and get the most from your membership:
- Local user groups:
- Member-led local groups will be at the heart of the CUGC.
- All the CUGC in-person and online groups will be hosted on the mycugc.org site.
- Join one now or start one.
- A few community members have already published a number of blog posts.
- If you want to become a contributor, please email HQ@mycugc.org
- Check out and participate in the discussion forums.
- We will be adding new topics soon – feel free to start a discussion.
- We’ve started to gather some of our most popularcontent, including white papers, and, soon to arrive, recordings of our Geek Speak Live! breakout sessions from Synergy.
- Exclusive Geek Speak content
- Training and certification discounts
- Discounts on Synergy in 2016
I’d like to say a HUGE thank you to the customer-led CUGC Steering Committee!
- Chris Trost, President, Lead Technical Architect, USAA
- Kent Hallamore, VP, Lead Infrastructure Engineer, Lifespan
- JJ Zettle, Secretary/Treasurer, IT Infrastructure Manager, End User Technology Services, Global IT, Starbucks
- Kevin Keller, Director of Information Technology, FedEx
- Dan Running, IT Manager of End User Device Services, Exelon
- James Ma, Citrix Architect, United Nations
As well as the CUGC management team
- Kendra Walsh, Senior Director, Community & Customer Marketing, Citrix
- Perrine Crampton, Community Programs Manager, Citrix
- George Abar, CUGC executive director, Engage Strategies
- Kees Baggerman, Dutch User Group (Advisor)
AND many other Citrix community members including:
The Steering Committee, together with some key community members – especially our CTPs –joined forces to make CUGC happen.
Like any community, the more you put into the CUGC, the more you’ll get out of it. Membership is free and anyone can join.
Please join now.
Perrine Crampton, Community Programs Manager