Therefore, the decision-making process very often requires Citrix to integrate well with organization’s IT operations strategy and answer questions such as: “How do we integrate Citrix with our standard IT processes and tools?”, “Are we going to be able to run Citrix cost effectively?”, and “How are we going to ensure adequate user experience and service levels?”.
At Comtrade, we recognize that organizations have made significant investments in their operations monitoring tools and have trained their support organization and introduced processes to use these tools effectively.
This is why Comtrade management products are not stand-alone solutions, but instead natively plug into existing tools already in place, such as Microsoft System Center, to enable full end-to-end monitoring across Citrix infrastructure and user experience. This approach enables customers to leverage their existing tools and quickly integrate Citrix into their IT organization and at the same time gain deep insight into Citrix service levels.
Comtrade Management Pack for Citrix Workspace Suite is a native plug-in for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager monitoring platform. It extends its capabilities to cover the complete Citrix Workspace Suite components around workforce mobility: XenDesktop/XenApp, XenServer, NetScaler, XenMobile and ShareFile.
XenDesktop/XenApp, XenServer and NetScaler monitoring capabilities have been around for quite a while with some recent significant enhancements:
• NetScaler: on top of HW, OS, network and Gateway health checks, we’ve also added full high availability and load balancing oversight. You are now quickly alerted if load balancing capacity has decreased or stopped altogether as well as any kind of active/passive failovers.
• XenServer: complete pool monitoring and reporting is available from pool master down to pool member servers and active VMs, network and storage use.
• XenDesktop/XenApp: version 7 of this market leading desktop virtualization solution has brought significant architecture enhancements that enable monitoring tools to see “under the hood” deeper than ever. Each service of each delivery controller is now under strict supervision and any kind of intercommunication issues, such as connectivity to DB or hypervisor, are immediately identified. On top of that, detailed usage and user experience information is captured such as user logon times, applications and machines being used, HDX communication paths that were taken, and more. StoreFront, Provisioning Services and License Server monitoring are also an integral part of the XenDesktop/XenApp monitoring bundle, ensuring there are no blind spots in your Citrix infrastructure.
XenMobile and ShareFile support are the recent additions that round-off our Workspace Suite monitoring coverage:
• XenMobile: enables critical insight into XenMobile servers, license errors, database accessibility as well as any non-compliant devices and the underlying non-compliance reasons.
• ShareFile: helps admins understand if ShareFile Control Plane as well as StorageZones are available, are StorageZone servers operational and how much space is left for user data.
To learn more and to see some exciting demos, join us at the Citrix Synergy 2015 in Orlando for SYN313: Monitoring Citrix Mobile Workspace solution with System Center and in the Solutions Expo hall, Comtrade booth #507.
Bogdan Viher is an EMEA Sales Director for the Management Products team at Comtrade. With over ten years of experience in the area of systems and application monitoring and management, Bogdan has helped design and develop many of Comtrade’s infrastructure and application management products that plug into the enterprise management frameworks such as Microsoft System Center Operations Manager. Lately, he is putting more emphasis on customer-facing activities around the complete Comtrade management product line.
Citrix invited the author of this blog post to present at Citrix Synergy 2015 and to participate in a related contest. The author received an entry into the contest for submitting this Blog.
Stay connected for all things Citrix Synergy – follow @Citrix on Twitter and join the conversation using #CitrixSynergy