The rapid evolution of technology is changing the way we learn, work and study. As you travel to different company trade shows, it can be difficult to get the information you need in order to bring any benefits back to your school.
Lucky for you, you are attending Citrix Synergy 2015, and we have designed an education industry program just for you to make sure you don’t miss any of the sessions, events or networking opportunities that are specific to education IT.
As you’re building your Citrix Synergy agenda, be sure to add these to your schedule!
Educational and technical breakout sessions led by education customers and industry experts
SYN114: The evolving post-PC endpoint model at Indiana University
- Presented by Duane Schau, Director of Client Services, Indiana University and Nicole Nesrsta, Education Solutions Marketing Manager, Citrix
- Tuesday May 12th, 2:00pm – 2:45pm
SYN243: XenApp and XenDesktop: gotchas and unexpected lessons learned from three universities
- Presented by JP Peters, IT Director, University of Central Florida, Craig Froehlich, IT Director, University of Central Florida, Jason Hair, Assistant Director Support Services, University of South Florida, and Jameson Johnston, IT Manager, University of Florida
- Wednesday May 13th, 11:00am – 11:45am
SYN248: Desktop virtualization changes the K12 learning environment
- Presented by Doug Meade, Director of IT, York County School Division
- Thursday May 14th, 9:30am – 10:15am
SYN249: The Georgia Tech Virtual Lab: trials and tribulations through our 8-year VDI journey
- Presented by Didier Contis, Director of Technology Services, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Thursday May 14th, 11:30am – 12:15pm
Fireside Chats in the Real World Pavilion
Join us in the Citrix Real World Pavilion for a “day-in-the-life” of a student demo to discover how students gain the flexibility to study, research and access education tools from their choice of device in any location – whether it’s in a dorm room, computer lab or coffee shop. After the hands on demo, head over to the Fireside Chat Theater to engage with education industry experts, learn from their customer stories, and ask your own questions.
SYN901: The University of Florida provides new ways to learn and work better with Citrix
- Presented by Mike Kutyna, University of Florida
- Tuesday May 12th, 1:30pm
SYN905: Top trends and challenges for Education IT
- Presented by Chris Piehler, Campus Technology and THE Journal
- Thursday May 14th, 12:30pm
Birds of a Feather Customer Roundtable
Join us for this interactive panel discussion and Q&A session where our education panelists will disclose their true successes and challenges without press or video in the room. Following the discussion, stick around for our networking happy hour.
SYN701: Education Birds of a Feather customer roundtable and networking reception
- Moderated by Nicole Nesrsta, Education Solutions Marketing Manager
- JP Peters, IT Director, University of Central Florida
- Doug Meade, Director of IT, York County School Division
- Didier Contis, Director of Technology Services, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Tuesday, May 12th, 4:00pm – 6:30pm
When you aren’t enjoying sessions and customer stories, be sure also meet with your peers in healthcare at our Lunch Table Tech Chats and Match.Geek program. Share this education industry program with your colleagues to help them make the most of their time at Citrix Synergy 2015.
Stay connected for all things Citrix Synergy – follow @Citrix on Twitter and join the conversation using #CitrixSynergy