Business-critical applications that handle sensitive information need strong security systems in order to protect against external attacks. It is imperative that enterprises have adaptable Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) solutions at the ready.
FIPS are a set of standards that describe document processing, encryption algorithms and other information technology standards for use within non-military government agencies and by government contractors and vendors who work with the agencies.
Now, as the 2015 RSA Conference is in full swing, a high-performance FIPS solution is being unveiled to help address this need.
Thales, a Citrix Ready Partner and leader in information systems and cybersecurity, has developed a solution to help address this security conundrum by integrating Citrix NetScaler with its nShield hardware security module.
By integrating with NetScaler, Thales’ nShield now provides additional layers of security to ensure their customers aren’t just in compliance, but that they’re provided with the peace of mind that comes with knowing that their critical connections are protected.
Thales’ solution lets customers have a FIPS solution with NetScaler VPX and NetScaler SDX, as well.
Thales’ solutions are equipped with enhanced key management for virtual or consolidated environments, such as VPX, MPS and SDX for security and application delivery infrastructure.
Some of the key benefits of Thales’ NetScaler integration with nShield are:
- Secure keys and certificates within carefully designed cryptographic boundaries that use robust access control
- Ensured availability due to use of sophisticated key management
- Always accessible as needed due to storage and redundancy features to guarantee keys
- Flexible solution as FIPS solution options are available for NetScaler VPX, NetScaler MPX as well as NetScaler SDX appliances
Learn more about this solution here:
- Details of the integration and docs can be found in the following links: