This blog helps in understanding the steps to wrap apps to be used with Windows 8.1 devices. The process is same for XenMobile Server v9.0 and v10.0.
Below are the pre-requisites for wrapping apps for Windows 8.1 as on February 2015:
- Computer running 64 bit version of Windows 7 or 8.1 Operating system
- Latest MDX toolkit for Windows 8.1 downloaded from Citrix Download page
- Latest Worx Apps from Citrix Download page
- .NET Framework 4.5 or higher
- Microsoft Silverlight 5 runtime and SDK for Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 (Update 3 or later) with Windows 8.1 SDK tools
- Open a Microsoft Windows Store Developer Account (Corporate account type). For more information, refer Account types, locations, and fees.
- Obtain a Publisher ID (PHONEPUBLISHERID) from the Windows Store developer account profile. For more information, refer Managing your profile.
- Acquire an enterprise certificate from Symantec to sign Windows mobile apps. For more information, refer Company app distribution for Windows Phone.
- Create an Application Enrollment Token (AET) using Windows Phone SDK tool. For more information, refer How to generate an application enrollment token for Windows Phone.
Download and Extract MDX Toolkit
You can download the MDX Toolkit from Citrix Download page. You need to login with your Registered ID to access the download page.
1. Download the MDX Toolkit from Citrix Download site:
2. Extract the MDX Toolkit zip file onto a local drive on your computer
Note: Make sure you have the pre-reqs in place, including the Worx Apps downloaded from Citrix Download page.
Wrapping of Apps
In order to publish the Worx Home and WorxApps, you need to wrap them. The command used to wrap WorxHome is different than that of WorxMail and WorxWeb.
Note: Signing an App and wrapping an App convey the same meaning.
Follow the below steps to wrap apps.
1. Make sure you have the Worx apps, Enterprise certificate and Application Enrollment Token (AET) downloaded and stored at a location on local drive
2. Login to Command prompt and navigate to the location where the MDX Tool kit is installed
Wrap WorxHome App
Type (or Copy and paste) the command to wrap, in the following format:
CGAppPrepTool.exe -in:”tests\unsigned\WorxHome.xap” -out:”tests\output\WorxHome.xap” -C:”tests\Mytestcert.pfx” -verbose -resign -phonePublisherId:aaaaaaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd- eeeeeeeeeeee -password:mypw -mdmServerURL:”https://zdm.domain.com/zdm”
CGAppPrepTool.exe -in:”C:\Users\XMExperts\Downloads\WorxHome.xap” -out:”C:\Users\XMExperts\Downloads\WinWrappedApps\WorxHome.xap” -C:”C:\Users\XMExperts\Downloads\MDXToolKit_9.0.3\certandaetxfiles\Windows_Phone_xxxx.pfx” -password:xxxx -verbose -resign -phonePublisherId:”x.x.x.xx.xxxx” -mdmServerURL:”https://xxxx.xme.lab/zdm”‘
Wrap WorxMail or WorxWeb Apps
CGAppPrepTool.exe -in:”tests\unsigned\WorxWeb.appx” -out:”tests\output\WorxWeb.mdx” – T:”Templates\WorxWeb” -C:”tests\Mytestcert.pfx” -password:mypw -verbose -resign -password:mypw -phonePublisherId:aaaaaaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd-eeeeeeeeeeee
CGAppPrepTool.exe -in:”C:\Users\XMExperts\Downloads\WorxMail_188.8.131.52.xap” -out:”C:\Users\XMExperts\Downloads\WinWrappedApps\WorxMail.mdx” -T:”C:\Users\XMExperts\Downloads\MDXToolKit_9.0.3\MDXToolKit\Templates\WorxMail” -C:”C:\Users\XMExperts\Downloads\MDXToolKit_9.0.3\certandaetxfiles\Windows_Phone_Cert.pfx” -password:xxxxxxx -verbose -resign -phonePublisherId:”x.x.x.xxx.x.x”
IN -> Where is the WorxWeb or WorxMail app located
OUT -> Where you want the wrapped MDX file to be placed
T -> Where are the templates for WorxWeb/WorxMail located (usually this is in the same directory where MDX toolkit is installed – it comes along with MDX tool kit)
C -> The path, where enterprise certificate is located
Password -> The password for the certificate
phonePublisherID -> Publisher ID obtained from Windows Store developer account
Upload the WorxHome App into XenMobile Server
To upload the apps into XMS, follow the steps given below:
1. Login to XMS server
2. Navigate to Configure -> Device Policies
3. Click on Add
4. Under Add a New Policy, Click on More and then click on Enterprise Hub under XenMobile agent
5. Enter the App Name and the description
9. Click Save
10. You will find the WorxHome in Device Polices as shown below
Upload the Worx Mail or Worx Web into XenMobile Server
The process to upload WorxMail and WorxWeb Apps is same. In this document, I have provided the steps to upload WorxMail. The same steps can be used to upload WorxWeb into XMS.
Please follow the steps below to upload Apps:
1. Login to XMS
2. Navigate to Configure -> Apps
3. Click on Add
4. Select MDX
5. Check the box next to Windows Phone (uncheck for Android and iOS platforms)
6. Enter the Name and Description of the app
7. Click Next
8. Configure the MDX polices as required and click Next
9. Map the Workflow template, if any
10. Click Next
11. Select the Delivery Group to which this needs to be mapped
12. Click Save to complete app upload into XMS
14. You can follow the same method for WorkWeb app as well.
For Additional Information, refer: