About 8 months ago I took over as Product Manager for our printing products for Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp, including Citrix UPD (Universal Print Driver) and Citrix UPS (Universal Print Server).
Since then we’ve been investing heavily in the underlying architecture, scalability and reliability of the solutions. We’ve also been working on improving the documentation, reference architectures and performance data available around the products.
Now we are in the position to be scoping and designing our next round of enhancements, improvements and features for the products. And I need your help!
We’ve got the User Experience Team assigned to the development design and they have put together a 5 Minute Survey designed for Citrix Users who actually use our products to print in their everyday work lives. This user survey designed for administrators to send to real users of the products so that we get feedback from those who have to use the products. A printing failure can stop a user doing critical jobs so it’s incredibly important we listen to these users and what they do in their jobs, how printing failures impact on them.
TAKE THE 5 MINUTE USER SURVEY >>>>CLICK HERE
We have also put together an administrators’ survey for those who set up and maintain our printing products. If you are an administrator or printing solutions architect who takes the survey you will be given the option to send the user survey out to your users at the end.
TAKE THE ADMINISTRATOR SURVEY >>>>CLICK HERE
UPS and UPD are frequently deployed in hospitals, legal firms and manufacturing not just printing vital documents but shipping labels, labels on blood bags and drug prescriptions. Printing really can be a matter of life and death! So please do take part in the survey so we know what the users’ and administrators’ priorities are!
AND THANK YOU – I PROMISE TO READ EVERY SINGLE RESPONSE AND COMMENT!
You can read about the product and recent enhancements by following our printing blogs’ stream: Read it here.
Some Recent Highlights Include:
- Citrix Universal Print Server (UPS) – What’s changed in 2014 and what to expect going forward
- What’s new for XenApp and XenDesktop with UPS 7.6!
- Print Driver Isolation: Identifying Problematic printer drivers in Citrix UPS Installation
- New Documentation – New Chapter! Citrix Virtual Desktop Handbook – Printing
- A comparison between Citrix XenDesktop and VMware Horizon View printing. You can read about the HTML5 receiver printing functionality, here, and about the Chrome receiver and its support for the Google Print Cloud, here