For all us here on the Citrix ShareFile Enterprise team, 2014 was a great year. We worked hard towards our goal of delivering an enterprise-grade, secure file sync and sharing solution that our customers can’t live without. Throughout the year the team released several new features, was recognized with several product awards and was named a leader in the highly competitive Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing space.
While it’s difficult to narrow down, we picked 10 ShareFile achievements we’re quite proud of for 2014, and we hope you agree:
- Recognized as a 2014 Gartner EFSS Magic Quadrant Leader – Citrix ShareFile was positioned as a “Leader” in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing, evaluation based on our completeness of vision and ability to execute.
- Restricted StorageZones – For organizations that require increased data protection, ShareFile now offers customers the ability to encrypt data with their own encryption keys. Files and metadata in a Restricted StorageZone are encrypted with your keys, and access is limited to users in your enterprise. ShareFile offers the flexibility for customers to choose where their data is stored – on premises, in the cloud or a combination of both to meet their specific needs for data sovereignty, compliance, performance and costs.
- Microsoft Office 365 Connectors – Office 365 Connectors enable secure mobile access and editing for documents stored in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business – get the app now. ShareFile extends an organizations’ data strategy beyond data stored in ShareFile to include existing network file drives, SharePoint and OneDrive for Business – allowing a single point of access to all data sources.
- ShareFile wins App of the Year Award – Citrix was recognized in this year’s Best in Biz Awards. Citrix ShareFile won App of the Year, chosen by press and industry analysts (judges included eWeek, IDG Ventures, Inc. Magazine, Miami Herald, PC Magazine, San Jose Mercury News, Small Business Digest and Upstart Business Journal).
- Integration with any enterprise content management system – Access any enterprise content management (ECM) system with ShareFile’s StorageZone Connectors SDK, thereby expanding the types of data users can access and edit on-the-go via ShareFile.
- Access to personal clouds & Microsoft Azure – ShareFile offers access to personal clouds. ShareFile Personal Cloud Connectors allow users to access their Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive accounts from ShareFile, providing enterprises with the flexibility to determine how and where users store files. In addition, customers can use their own customer-managed ShareFile StorageZones in Microsoft Azure to benefit from the elasticity and flexibility of the cloud while maintaining ownership of their own encryption keys – an advantage typically only available on premises.
- Redesigned mobile apps – ShareFile’s mobile apps let you access and share documents from any smartphone or tablet platform (iOS, Android, Windows or Blackberry devices). One of the coolest new features added this year is the ability to present from your mobile device, using Presenter’s Mode, the crowd pleasing feature with full support for external displays, transitions, and custom animations.
- Named as 2014 Tabby Award Winner– Citrix wins “three” TabTimes Tabby Awards this year for best apps for several of our products:
- 2014 Gartner EMM Magic Quadrant Leader– Citrix XenMobile was named as a “Leader” in the 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management Suites. Citrix ShareFile is part of and is integrated with XenMobile to allow employees to access, sync and securely share files from any device with people both inside and outside the organization. Did you know that ShareFile is included with every XenMobile Enterprise license at no additional cost? ShareFile is sold as a stand-alone EFSS solution or as part of the Enterprise Mobility Management solution.
- Newly designed Citrix ShareFile website – In April of this year, we launched our newly designed website at www.citrix.com/sharefile. Our website’s fresh new look, user-friendly navigation and new videos and content have been a big hit. And many of our customers have been enjoying social interactions within the ShareFile Enterprise Community. Join a discussion today to ensure you are utilizing ShareFile to its fullest potential.
We hope you love what we’ve accomplished in 2014. Why not tell us about your experience with ShareFile Enterprise? Share your story and we’ll spread the word about your success with a secure data sync and sharing service that allows you to mobilize all enterprise data and empower user productivity and mobility.
Looking back, 2014 certainly was a great year. Here’s to making 2015 just as amazing!
 Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing, Monica Basso, Jeffry Mann, Charles Smulders – July 2, 2014.
 Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management Suites, Terrence Cosgrove, Rob Smith, Chris Silva, Bryan Taylor, John Girard, Monica Basso – June 3, 2014.