Since our birth as a small startup delivering virtual apps to users, Citrix has always envisioned a different and better way for people to experience work. I wasn’t personally working at Citrix 25 years ago when it all started, but it doesn’t take long for any employee to learn several facts about our focus as a company:
- Our end game is not just about technology, it’s about business and human outcomes.
- Our success depends on delivering the best products, and the best experiences.
- Our belief is that a great customer experience is a journey, not a moment.
As a customer experience designer at Citrix, this translates into 3 simple operating principles that I try to adhere to in my daily job:
- Start every conversation with the user, not the technology
- Listen and understand before telling and solving
- Include real users in my process of defining a solution, especially early on when I’m still trying to figure out what problems I’m really solving
It never ceases to amaze me how these 3 principles consistently lead me (and Citrix) in the right direction and result in customer value at the end of the day. It seems so simple, yet it takes practice, discipline and commitment.
That’s why, on a personal level, it gives me great pride and excitement to announce that we’re taking our customer experience advantage to the next level at Citrix Summit this year. The conversation about experience has never been more relevant with customers. The need to understand users and their workstyles before deploying IT solutions has never been more essential. It’s time we doubled-down on our experience-first formula for success (Vegas pun intended) and help ensure our sales force and partner communities are equipped to go all-in with Citrix Customer Experience as a key differentiator in the marketplace.
Be sure to check out the entire list of interactive, innovative Customer Experience activities for sales and partners at Summit. Some of the activities are capacity-limited, so be sure to secure your slot today!
Feel free to post a comment here if you have any Customer Experience or Summit questions I can help answer. Otherwise, I look forward to chatting with you at the Customer Experience Booth in Summit Park!