With this Release Comes a Whole New World of Visibility!
We invite all the customers with hyper-v deployments to pick up the newly released NetScaler Insight Center Hyper-V image.
This blog will provide the how & where aspects of this support.
- Which version of hyper-v you can deploy the Insight VM on?
- How to deploy Insight on Hyper-V if you are a newbie?
- Where can you get this?
You can deploy Insight on Hyper-V 6.2.xx or higher only.
Here is how you can deploy the Insight on Hyper-V:
– Unzip the downloaded hyper-v install
– Download & install Hyper-v Manager on your workstation if you don’t have it already
– Go to Action >> Import Virtual Machine
– Click Next on the introductory screen
– Selected the hyper-v install
– Select the Import mode as per your requirement. Please note that exported files can be reused to clone machines only using “Copy The virtual machine (create a new unique ID)” option. We recommend to select this option amongst the three and click next.
– Change the location for VM files if need be.
– Select the folder path to store Virtual machine Hard disk. This is your storage location.
– Click Finish and you are 90% done.
– Right click on the newly imported Insight VM and select start.
– Right click on Insight VM, select “Settings >> VM-Bus Network Adapter”, select the right virtual switch, click “Apply” and “Ok”.
– The Hyper-V Virtual Switch is a software-based layer-2 network switch that is available in Hyper-V Manager when you install the Hyper-V server role. The switch includes programmatically managed and extensible capabilities to connect virtual machines to both virtual networks and the physical network. All the reasons to select the right virtual switch!
– Now the final step is to double click the bottom left black square and access the console to start with Insight IP address configuration.
Last but not the least, where to get this hyper-v image?? Right here at the given link: