Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, phones, tablets… We’ve all come to accept that the modern enterprise is a multi-device, multi-OS world. Now it’s time we accept that the same heterogeneity and fragmentation has happened to data.
While it may be tempting to ignore or block the plethora of choices users have for storing and sharing data, we have to face the reality that end users have unprecedented freedom to choose from among cheap, convenient cloud storage options. As a result, they create and store documents in multiple repositories, inside and outside the firewall. And the number of document silos only seems to be increasing.
Data fragmentation is the new normal. It was in this context that ShareFile introduced Connectors for Network Drives and SharePoint last year and then added support earlier this year for Personal Cloud Connectors.
Continuing that momentum today we are happy to announce availability of ShareFile Connectors for Microsoft Office 365.
These new connectors enable secure mobile access and editing for documents stored in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business. Together with XenMobile, ShareFile offers a highly secure solution for accessing and editing Office 365 content within the MDX-wrapped container on mobile devices.
The ShareFile Connector for Office 365 allows users to:
- Link their ShareFile account to Office 365 account and enjoy single sign-on from multiple mobile devices
- Access SharePoint Online document libraries from the ShareFile mobile app
- Check in and check out documents from a SharePoint team folder
- Access OneDrive for Business files and folders from the ShareFile mobile app
- Edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF files using the secure ShareFile document editor
- Move content securely from Office 365 to ShareFile
The combination is powerful as it enables a single pane of glass for the mobile user to reach more of their document silos, but still keeps everything within the ShareFile app where it can be managed, encrypted and subject to remote wipe via ShareFile or XenMobile policies.
ShareFile Connectors for iOS are supported using the latest ShareFile apps for iPhone and iPad. More information is available here:
ShareFile Connector for Office 365
Adding the ShareFile App to your SharePoint Online Site