It’s no longer a secret that the consumerization of IT is here to stay, so you may as well embrace it. You may not want to admit it, but you already have a few “outlaws” in your organization who are using their own devices, regardless of whether you allow them to or not. In fact, you probably have entire departments accessing email, apps and data on devices and through services that are not secure. Cowboy consumerization is here…and it’s here to stay. The challenge most organizations face now is how to transform their organization for BYOD success yet keep corporate data secure with a complete EMM solution.
When business information is accessed by personally owned, consumer-grade devices, the right foundation is essential to ensure IT control. The challenge is not only where to begin but how do you ensure BYOD transformation ADDS (Assess – Design – Deploy – Support) up to success. Your BYOD program should also align with your organization key business drivers. Done properly a BYOD program should do more than just support tablets and smartphones. It’s should support any BYO device that is mobile outside and inside the walls of the organization and align with key business initiatives such as flexwork, telework, business continuity, secure and compliance.
Citrix has identified 7 Essential Components for Deploying BYOD so before you begin a BYOD initiative it’s important to understand the underlying products that will become a part of your BYOD solution, their functionality and feature sets. Equally important is the methodology you use to implement you BYOD strategy. One size does not fit all and even though but BYOD solution may seem complex, it’s it all boils down to addressing BYOD in four key stages which we will discuss during this series:
- Assessing for BYOD – Available On-Demand
- Designing for BYOD – Available On-Demand
- Deploying BYOD – Available On-Demand
- Supporting BYOD – Available On-Demand
In this four part webinar series we will share with you some of the best practices Citrix has learned when deploying BYOD. Some of the topics we will cover include:
- Assessing users, devices, apps and data for BYOD participation
- Evaluating your environment for BYOD adoption
- Preparing your environment, users, and IT for BYOD
- Aligning business, user and IT requirements to the proper security model
- Educating and preparing both users and IT on how the BYOD model will work
- Measuring user, device and security requirements for your BYOD delivery model
- Gathering user, device and app requirements for BYOD support
- Addressing user, device and security concerns with your BYOD delivery model
WATCH ON-DEMAND TODAY and learn how to address the challenges of assessing, designing, deploying and supporting a comprehensive BYOD solution.
Learn how Citrix market leading products such as Citrix Receiver, Worx Apps, XenMobile, XenDesktop, XenApp, ShareFile, NetScaler, GoToMeeting, GoToAssist, and our suite of mobility products integrate with each other to deliver a complete end-to-end BYOD solution. Enabling BYOD is not easy but it doesn’t have to be daunting.