Citrix is honored that the Citrix NetScaler Application Delivery Controller (ADC) with Citrix TriScale has been selected as a finalist for the 2014 Broadband InfoVision Awards – Best Virtualization Innovation.
The Citrix NetScaler ADC supports a harmonious co-existence between the physical networks of today and the virtual networks of tomorrow by supporting three platform options: a single hardware based ADC (MPX), a software based virtual ADC (VPX) and a hardware based appliance supporting multiple ADC instances (SDX). With a common platform for physical and virtual functionality, Citrix NetScaler allows operators to easily transition from hardware based networks today to NFV networks of the future.
Already powering more than 100 million mobile subscribers today, Citrix NetScaler with support of Citrix TriScale gives operators a jump-start on the Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) transition process today by:
- Initiating the network virtualization process
- Scaling service delivery to keep up with subscriber traffic demand
- Ensuring the effective coexistence of traditional physical and virtualized networks
- Increasing service agility, that is, reducing the time-to-deployment for new services; and
- Identifying a more flexible, less expensive software licensing model in support of the virtualization process
For more information on the ‘Best Virtualization Innovation’ category as part of the Broadband InfoVision Awards visit the Broadband InfoVision Awards website. For more information about Citrix NetScaler for NFV see this short video here.