For growing service providers, manually managing individual hosted services offerings and users is time consuming. Time is money, especially for a service provider. Click to tweet Scaling a business while delighting customers requires an efficient, streamlined approach to provisioning services, enabling users, and configuring resources. A new release of Citrix CloudPortal Services Manager brings impressive features to the comprehensive control panel used by service providers to manage the provisioning and delegated administration of hosted business applications and services.
As the Desktops-as-a-Service market grows, service providers using spreadsheets, whiteboards or homegrown dashboards will have problems managing a growing number of users and services. End user clients who want to self-manage adding new employees or upgrading services demand instant support. With CloudPortal Services Manager, service providers have an easy-to-use web portal that helps cloud providers reduce management costs and complexity while empowering their customers with self-service control and flexibility.
Managing Multi-tenant Hosted Services with Fewer Internal Resources
Citrix is uniquely positioned as the only DaaS vendor with a customer management tool and the underlying technology for hosting apps and desktops. Click to tweet For service providers who host apps and desktops, CloudPortal Services Manager is the best control panel choice because it is uniquely integrated with the rest of the Citrix product line, including Citrix XenApp and Citrix XenDesktop. CloudPortal Services Manager is a leader with unmatched features like integration with Citrix App Orchestration, helping hosted service providers quickly sand securely design and implement a secure, multi-tenant, multi-domain and multi-location based environment.
72%* of Citrix Service Providers describe themselves as managed service providers or Software-as-a-Service hosting providers. For them, managing individual services such as hosted Microsoft Exchange or hosted Microsoft SharePoint are still a part of the revenue stream, working with clients in the transition phase to adopting DaaS. CloudPortal Services Manager manages individual services in addition to the complete desktop package, and allows customization for the unique needs of the service provider business, their resellers and end user customers.
New Release: CloudPortal Services Manager 11.5
Today’s release of CloudPortal Services Manager 11.5 brings even more features for multi-tenant customer management, user onboarding, subscription billing information and customer self-service administration.
– Expanded language support – accommodating a growing global Citrix Service Provider community, the CloudPortal Services Manager user and administrator interfaces are now available in Simplified Chinese, Japanese and Spanish. CloudPortal Services Manager already supports English, German, Dutch and French (Canadian) interfaces.
– Advanced Microsoft Active Directory Sync– a new hybrid cloud model enables end user customers to integrate their own on premise Active Directory environments with the service provider’s environment using a zero trust model. CloudPortal Services Manager includes batching and logging to ensure Active Directory sync processes can handle hundreds or thousands of requests and track progress. (See more in this CloudPortal Services Manager technical blog).
– Faster and easier configuration of popular services – Out of the box support for the latest Microsoft technologies plus Citrix hosted apps and desktops (Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop) is essential for a service provider. CloudPortal Services Manager 11.5 supports Citrix ShareFile 11.5 as well as Microsoft Lync Hosted 2013, Lync Enterprise 2013 and SharePoint 2013 with an easy download and install solution. Also, Microsoft Exchange 2013 SP1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 Server and Domain are now supported.
– Security enhancements– CloudPortal Services Manager 11.5 includes centralized and simplified security encryption for Active Directory Sync as well as FIPS compliant AES256 encryption using the Microsoft AES crypto provider for Windows.
Helping Service Providers Grow Business
For me, the best part of sharing news of a new release of CloudPortal Services Manager is knowing it will help the business of thousands of Citrix Service Providers around the globe. At Microsoft World Partner Conference, a US-based service provider said with a proud smile that 100% of their clients were now using CloudPortal Services Manager. The potential to expand their business is tremendous. When I speak with Citrix Service Providers, I’m thrilled to hear “CloudPortal Services Manager was the beginning of all of the business growth,” Click to tweet or “We would not be able to scale to where we want to go as a business without implementing Citrix CloudPortal Services Manager.”
Find out how your service provider business can take advantage of CloudPortal Services Manager for multi-tenant customer management with fewer IT resources:
– CloudPortal Services Manager 11.5 download (current customers)
– CloudPortal Services Manager overview presentation (requires partner login)
*Citrix Service Provider Center of Excellence survey, June 2014