For Citrix customers who use Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager to manage access to applications and desktops on physical PCs, the Microsoft Solutions Team at Citrix is pleased to announce the general availability of the Citrix Connector 7.5 for System Center Configuration Manager. The Connector is integrated with the Configuration Manager console to provide a single place where each user’s access to applications can be defined and managed. It is available for immediate download here.
The Connector is a Platinum feature of the following products:
- XenDesktop 7.1 (including App Edition)
- XenDesktop 7.5
- XenApp 7.5
The Connector supports these versions of System Center:
- System Center Configuration Manager 2012 SP1
- System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2
As our customers consider upgrading from XenApp 6.5, the Citrix XenApp6.5 Connector for System Center Configuration Manager will remain accessible. The two Connectors can be used concurrently in the same System Center deployment.
Unify application management across physical and virtual desktops
A large number of Citrix customers already use Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager to manage access to applications and desktops on physical PCs. However, very few of those customers have extended the use of Configuration Manager to their Citrix environments. This leads to duplication of effort, gaps in processes and increased cost.
The Connector is designed to bridge this gap. The Connector integration with the Configuration Manager console provides a single place where each user’s access to applications can be defined and managed. The Connector enables an administrator to use Configuration Manager to:
- Synchronize XenDesktop Catalog & Delivery structures within Configuration Manager
- Deploy software to all types of XenApp and XenDesktop catalogs
- Leverage MSI and App-V applications already defined in Configuration Manager
- Report application deployment success and failure
- Publish applications to StoreFront and Receiver directly from the Configuration Manager console
- Deploy HDX-delivered applications to PCs already under Configuration Manager management
- Work side-by-side with the XenApp 6.5 Connector
The Citrix Microsoft Solutions team is already looking into some new features for a follow-on release. We’d love to hear your suggestions in the forum or in the comments.