The Citrix September 2014 Mobile Analytics report released today provides insight into subscriber behavior and related factors that determine quality of experience (QoE) for mobile data services. Key mobile video findings from the report include:
- Eighty-seven percent (87%) of mobile social networking traffic is from sharing images and videos
- There has been a 20% increase in video ads since Q4 2013
- Mobile subscribers are 1.5x more likely to watch video on LTE networks than 3G networks and this generates 5x more video data volume on LTE than 3G
- Relative demand for Netflix doubles on LTE networks. On 3G networks, there is 1 Netflix video for every 7 YouTube videos. On an LTE network, there is 1 Netflix video for every 4 YouTube videos.
- New technology (LTE) does not eliminate stalling, as both Europe and North America lead in LTE coverage but still have mobile video stalling
Find out more about the mobile video user experience by downloading the report here.