You might have seen the XenDesktop Cloud Provisioning webinar that Mikael Lindholm and I ran a couple of months ago. Well, since then, I’ve had loads of people ask me how I set up the XenDesktop on CloudPlatform demo. There are a few good resources out there, but I couldn’t find a complete guide that took you through the whole process, step by step.
Well fear not… because I deleted my XenDesktop on CloudPlatform (XDCCP) demo system and rebuilt it from scratch, recording every single step I took! I created a full system, from XenServer host and CloudPlatform Management server, right up to the AD, Delivery Controller and Storefront.
This guide includes:
– Installing the XenDesktop 7.5 backend infrastructure
– How to install and prepare XenServer and CloudPlatform
– Creating a Volume Worker and Desktop Templates
– Configuring XenDesktop for Multi-Tenancy
– Connecting your XenDesktop System to CloudPlatform
– Creating your first Machine Catalogs and Desktop Groups in the Cloud
If you have a couple of spare servers and about 1.5 days, why don’t you give it a try? I hope you find this guide useful! http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX200179