In a previous blog post we added a new property to a user, in this post we look at using the new property in ADSync.
Find the user property in the API.
You can safely assume the Property in the API will be the same as the Property Name within the UI.
- In CPSM go to Customers > Configuration > Customer Lister > Display Properties
- Expand the property you require. Example Employee ID
- Note the value within the Property Name field.
Another option is sending the following API request to find the format.
<request action=’GET’> <customer> <name>TSP</name> <user> <name>trial_tsp</name> <additionalproperties> <properties /> </additionalproperties></user></customer> </request>
Modify ADSync to use new property.
To use the new property, the following steps will need to be done on every server with the ADsync client installed.
- Browse to the directory that ADSync is installed.
- Open the “Requests” directory.
- Open the SetUser.xml file in Notepad or similar.
- Within the <additionalproperties> element insert the new property.Example using employeeID
</property>The templatedependency=”employeeID” is an optional field and can be left out. It will only include the property within the API request if the local AD Attribute has a value assigned to it.
The <name> field is the name of the CPSM API user property.
The <value> field is the local AD Attribute to assign to the API user property.
- Save the file
Testing and reviewing the new property
To test the syncing of the new property, update the user in AD and ensure the property has a value.
- Open AD Users and Computers
- Click View and tick Advanced Features
- Find the user that will be synced.
- Click Attribute Editor, find the attribute and enter a value against it.
- Apply the changes.
- Open CPSM and find the user.
- Click “Edit User”
- Click “Additional User Properties”
- Notice the updated value
Following the above document allows you to use newly created user properties in the CPSM API and ADSync service.
Adding additional AD Properties to users – CloudPortal Services Manager : Adding additional AD properties to Users
Adding additional user properties to Bulk User Import – CloudPortal Services Manager : Adding additional user properties to Bulk User Import