PRESS RELEASE FROM CITRIX SYSTEMS, INC. – MONDAY MAY 19, 2014
(Copy from Citrix.com)
Today at Cisco Live!, Citrix announced another chapter in its strategic relationship with Cisco. Citrix NetScaler will soon work in sync with Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), a holistic architecture with centralized automation and policy-driven application profiles, giving customers business agility through unprecedented control of their networks in a unique application-centric perspective. Leveraging the same Citrix Triscale technology that powers the world’s largest clouds, Citrix NetScaler and Cisco ACI help cloud administrators to more uniformly control Layer 4-7 network services while maintaining the benefits of an elastic and automated cloud network architecture.
In today’s fast paced world of mobility and cloud, an application-centric approach becomes more critical than ever to achieving IT agility. Businesses depend on faster application roll outs and changes. Cisco’s ACI provides an application-driven datacenter, creating an end-to-end solution that quickly responds to an application’s changing needs through both the servers and all of the network infrastructure and services connecting it. A critical element of this approach is to keep application policies such as load balancing, security, availability, and performance close to the applications. As a result of ongoing deep integration of Citrix NetScaler with Cisco ACI, customers will be able to insert NetScaler into the ACI fabric to deliver unified Layer 2-7 policy control, service chaining and automated deployment. Citrix builds on the unique integrations with Cisco Nexus to scale to the next generation ACI solution, offering compelling investment protection for current and future architectures. This integration also supports the Cisco and Citrix announcement that they are bringing their industry-leading technologies together in a tested and validated enterprise mobility infrastructure solution.
The offering improves the datacenter operations and application deployment specifically by featuring:
- A central point of network control with NetScaler service policy coordination and automation: The open API framework automates network and service provisioning on Citrix NetScaler appliances, providing end-to-end telemetry and visibility of service-aware applications and tenants.
- A scalable and elastic architecture for physical and virtual NetScaler appliances: Cisco ACI defines a policy-based service insertion mechanism for both physical and virtual NetScaler appliances, providing full life cycle service management based on workload instantiation and decommission. Cisco ACI treats services as an integral part of an application and any NetScaler service required is instantiated on the infrastructure from the APIC in the form of a service graph. Service graphs, are defined as logical functions and simplify complicated service topologies, enabling the modeling of rich service functionalities.
- Investment Protection of existing NetScaler operational models: Cisco ACI and automation framework are compatible with existing NetScaler implementations, preserving existing service operational models and leveraging standard protocols.
- An open ecosystem for service integration: Citrix and Cisco along with Microsoft, IBM, and SunGard Availability Services are continuing to jointly drive the Internet Engineering Task Force standard body to define the Network Service Header protocol, with the promise of enabling an agile and elastic service delivery, capable of supporting the movement of service functions and application workloads.
The Citrix NetScaler and Cisco ACI Integrations are available in Summer 2014. Citrix NetScaler is available from both Cisco and Citrix.
- May 16, 2014: Expert blog: Making It Real: Citrix NetScaler and Cisco ACI
- May 6, 2014: Citrix and Cisco Join Forces to Power Mobile Workspaces
- April 2, 2014: News Announcement – Cisco and Industry Leaders Will Deliver Open, Multi-Vendor, Standards-Based Networks for Application Centric Infrastructure with OpFlex Protocol
- January 27, 2014: Expert Blog – Get Your Hybrid Cloud in 2014 with Citrix and Cisco
- January 7, 2014: News Announcement – Citrix NetScaler Now a Vblock Ready Solution
- November 6, 2013: News Announcement – Technology Leaders Rally Behind Cisco’s Application Centric Infrastructure
- June 20, 2013: News Announcement – Cisco Integrates Citrix NetScaler into Cloud Network Services Portfolio
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leader in mobile workspaces, providing virtualization, mobility management, networking and cloud services to enable new ways to work better. Citrix solutions power business mobility through secure, personal workspaces that provide people with instant access to apps, desktops, data and communications on any device, over any network and cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, including in revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, including risks associated with international growth and IT consolidation, as well as other risks detailed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and are subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
# # #
Citrix, NetScaler and TriScale are registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries.