Having IT certifications is impressive, showing dedication and proven expertise. But the right certifications do much more: they directly affect the success of individual employees as well as the partner organization.
For employees, certifications can contribute to professional growth, especially in new technology areas, and command attractive compensation. For the business, certifications can provide a justification for billing higher service rates, differentiation from the competition, expansion into lucrative new areas and even cut operational costs, such as technical support calls.
With the introduction of new Citrix certifications for Networking and Mobility, now is the optimal time to gain certifications and reap the rewards.
Benefits to employees
Citrix certifications have a measurable impact on the individuals who earn them. As crn.com associate editor Kathy Kim states, “To advance in the IT industry, having the right certification is key. While getting certified requires dedication, training and fees, it certainly is a career move with proven ROI.”
A recent infographic from Citrix Education sites 16 out of the top 25 hottest skills in 2013 were technology related and yet, 93 percent of IT employers experience a skills gap. Certifications are undoubtedly a great way to showcase in-demand skills and can increase marketability in expanding IT areas. For example, according to an IDC study, cloud computing is expected to create 14 million new jobs in 2015.
Citrix certified IT professionals also can command impressive salaries. Based on its 2014 IT Skills and Salary Survey, Global Knowledge, a leader in IT and business skills training, included four Citrix certifications among its 15 Top-paying Certifications for 2014 ranking.
- Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer (CCEE) – $104,240 (mean salary)
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) for Citrix NetScaler – $103,904 (mean salary)
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) for Citrix XenServer – $97,578 (mean salary)
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) for Citrix XenDesktop – $95,094 (mean salary)
Additionally, Citrix certifications account for tremendous monetary benefits through Citrix Advisor Rewardsand Citrix Opportunity Registration as well as inclusion on Citrix Partner Locator. To ensure full advantage of these program membership benefits, be sure to link certifications to your account by using My Certification Manager.
Benefits to the business
Citrix certifications also can provide tangible and intangible benefits to your organization that impact many aspects of your business:
- Win larger deals: Enterprise customers seek partners with the latest skills and abilities to handle multiple aspects of a complex project. Equally important, new certifications allow you to expand existing Citrix implementations with additional solutions and services.
- Charge higher fees: Certifications demonstrate specialized expertise and validated skills that customers are often willing to pay more to obtain.
- Stand out from competitors: You can differentiate your company from others with limited or legacy skills and target customers on the leading edge by providing the newest competencies, such as enterprise mobility management.
- Expand into new areas: You can grow your business by adding new specialty areas to your portfolio or expanding into geographies that place a premium on certifications.
- Gain customer trust and loyalty: By demonstrating your expertise, knowledge and scope through certification, you can earn repeat business and referrals.
- Reduce operational costs: Knowledgeable, certified employees can “get it right the first time” in an implementation, which minimizes support issues, and can quickly solve any residual problems. Efficiency and accuracy mean lower costs for you.
Networking and Mobility certifications
Certifications further expand your expertise in Citrix and can make employees and organizations invaluable, especially as the technology landscape evolves and customers demand holistic solutions that can be supplied by a single organization, from planning through design, implementation and administration. By taking a solution-based approach, these certifications provide partners with the breadth of skills required to design, deploy and support end-to-end Citrix solutions.
That is why Citrix is excited to introduce Networking and Mobility certifications, which accompany the Virtualization certifications (formerly known as Apps and Desktop certifications) rolled out last year. The Networking and Mobility certifications are based on the latest product line and have real-world scenarios to demonstrate and validate the skills needed at every stage of the product lifecycle. Moreover, both Citrix NetScaler and Citrix XenMobile are positioned as Leaders in Gartner Magic Quadrants.
The new Citrix certifications are important professional and business enablers. Take advantage of the opportunities and benefits these certifications offer. Explore training, certifications and more by visiting http://training.citrix.com.
Be a part of the hubbub!
Partners, take advantage of the unique opportunity to read and share articles curated just for you in the Citrix Partner Hubbub.
We invite you to join the conversation by following us at @CitrixPartners on Twitter