Mobile workspaces. The technologies that keep us connected to work content wherever we go, no matter what device we use, and no matter what connectivity we happen to have. This is the vision of many organizations – to empower employees with the ability to be productive from anywhere, on any device. The challenge: How do these organizations get started?
Citrix and Cisco have been working together to deliver integrated solutions for years. I was on the XenDesktop team back in 2010 when Cisco and Citrix announced our first desktop virtualization partnership to make it easier and more cost effective for businesses to deploy high-definition virtual desktops to all users enterprise-wide. And, over the years, we have continued to collaborate to ensure that customers are able to easily adopt core technologies that will fundamentally change their business.
And this pattern of partnership and innovation continues today. Citrix and Cisco both share a vision of enabling people to work better. Our goal is to help our customers adopt technologies that will create new possibilities for untethered work styles, better customer engagement, and the ability to connect with people, information, and services from anywhere. It is this vision that brings us together again to announce our latest joint solution, “Cisco Mobile Workspace Solution with Citrix” that builds on the new Citrix Workspace Suite, bringing together XenDesktop, XenApp, XenMobile, ShareFile and NetScaler, to create a market leading mobile workspace solution.
Cisco Mobile Workspace Solution with Citrix is an end-to-end solution that removes the complexity of building an enterprise mobility infrastructure. This solution is customizable and can be deployed in part or comprehensively to support the stage of a customer on their mobility journey. When deployed in full, customers will be able to easily provide secure access to applications, data and services to any device over any network or cloud. The joint solution delivers on the six core characteristics of a mobile workspace :
- Access to applications. Regardless of the application type – Windows, web, SaaS, or mobile – people have access to all of the work applications the need, wherever they are, on any device.
- Access to corporate data. Employee data follows users, securely, across all of their devices to ensure ultimate productivity. Employees can even share data as needed with colleagues and customers.
- Access to collaboration tools. Collaboration applications make it possible for people, whether in or out of the office, to collaborate with each other to produce the best results.
- Access to the intranet and other internal resources. Secure mobile access is provided to employees that are outside the corporate network. This gives them the ability to access apps, data, and services that previously weren’t available outside the corporate LAN.
- Content access wherever people are and on the device of their choice. People choose devices for personal reasons – look, apps, size, fashion statement, tech bling, etc. Regardless of their choice, their content is available to them.
- Flexibility for IT to provide services over any network and from any cloud. Organizations make strategic decisions about where to host services. Regardless of their choice for these employee-facing apps and services, it can be delivered seamlessly in the workspace.
As organizations further embrace mobility to create new possibilities for their business, the joint Citrix and Cisco solution will ensure that IT has a simple, secure and flexible solution to enable employees and IT to work better.
Looking for more information?
- Watch a short video that describes the solution here.
- Also take a look at the blog from Prashanth Shenoy, Director of Enterprise Mobility Solutions Marketing at Cisco.
- Cisco Mobile Workspace Solution with Citrix is validated and tested architecture with a Cisco Validated Design (CVD). View it here.
- You can get more information about the Citrix and Cisco collaboration on mobile workspaces by visiting the Citrix and Cisco websites.