Today’s Citrix Synergy announcements included Citrix Workspace Services. For Citrix Service Providers, this new platform will enable an even more rapid ability to consistently build, deploy and manage desktops-as-a-service (DaaS).
But there’s more… we’re also enabling this service beyond DaaS by managing not only desktops, but also virtual application delivery, shared storage, mobility services, and more…. from differing clouds or on premises infrastructures.
Citrix Workspace Services is a cloud-based platform that enables partners, enterprises and independent software vendors to quickly and simply design and deliver mobile workspaces. It offers more platform choice, workspace versatility, and functional extensibility than ever before — all the time embracing the fantastic user experience Citrix customers know and love.
Citrix Service Providers are already serving over 350,000 subscribers today. The demand for a mobile workspace is high… so now Citrix is announcing we will offer an even faster and more replicable way for them to create business value.
During our planning, Citrix looked at today’s typical SP infrastructure stack and made three observations that guided our development:ss productivity, agility and efficiency. Plus, it provides choice of where to deploy those services to any cloud or to on-premise data center infrastructure. Workspace Services builds upon a full range of Citrix technologies that Citrix Service Providers are offering today – XenApp, XenDesktop, XenMobile with ShareFile, plus GoToAssist. Read the full details on the new Citrix Workspace Services webpage.
- IaaS/infrastructure layer – A fundamental foundation at the bottom of the stack where service providers often add unique value. We didn’t want to interfere here.
- App, OS and user management layers – At the top of the stack, service providers add most of their unique value and differentiation here by creating “business-ready” desktops, apps and other mobility services. We didn’t want to interfere here either.
- Workspace management and orchestration layer – In between the other two stack layers, is where Citrix excels: knowledge of setup, configuration and management of Citrix environments. This is often the source of least value-add by service providers… and where a Citrix service can help most.
In developing this new approach for the workspace management and orchestration layer, Citrix preserves choice regarding how IaaS/Infrastructure layers are selected, and also preserves levels of control in the App, OS and user management layers.
Expect to see Citrix make this service available as a technology preview later in 2014. And if you’re interested in participating, you can register here.
For More Information
- Live streamed video session from Citrix Synergy. Attend SYN126: “Citrix Workspace Services today from 5-5:45pm Pacific. See the cloud-based service that simplifies design and delivery of mobile workspaces to your choice of infrastructure.” (Or watch the recording on SynergyTV).
- Visit www.citrix.com/workspaceservices
- Read the Workspace Services official announcement
- Read the Workspace Services technical blog
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions on SalesIQ (partners only)
- View this video introducing Citrix Workspace Services
- More about the Citrix Service Provider program
- More about Citrix-based DaaS solutions
- What’s New about Citrix DaaS environments
- Tech Information about Citrix DaaS environments,
- Read about Citrix Service Provider DaaS case studies