I am aware we went a little dark on our plans for the Connector over the last four months, but now is the time to reveal what we have been cooking behind the scenes.
Since the Tech Preview we released last November several key things have happened:
- We heard loud and clear from many of you that we needed to add support for Client OS scenarios in addition to the Server OS scenarios we had in the Tech Preview.
- You were clear that you wanted better support for both MCS and PVS scenarios.
- We announced XenApp and XenDesktop 7.5.
- We needed to add support for System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2.
- You expressed a need to manage both XenApp 6.5 and XenApp & XenDesktop 7 environments with a single Configuration Manager environment.
To better reflect the support for these scenarios we have renamed the XenDesktop Connector to the Citrix Connector 7.5 for System Center Configuration Manager.
This version of the Connector will work side-by-side with the XenApp 6.5 Connector, allowing you to use a single Configuration Manager site for all your Citrix needs. The Connector will allow you to orchestrate the deployment of applications (MSI & App-V) to both XenApp and XenDesktop workers, deploy HDX delivered applications to managed PCs, and publish applications to Receiver – all from within Configuration Manager. Lastly, through the addition of a new Update Device in Configuration Manager, you can easily manage and orchestrate updates to MCS and PVS based catalogs.
We know you are eager to get your hands on this new version of the Connector. Our current plan is to go straight to Release to Web (RTW) rather than having an additional Tech Preview that would delay getting this in your hands. We hope to have the RTW version of the Connector available in late Q2. In the meantime, we will be showing the Connector at Synergy. I would encourage any of you attending Synergy to stop by our booth or register for our Self-Paced Lab that will give you a chance to go hands on with it.
The Connector team thanks you for all of your support, we can’t wait to get this new version in your hands!