When I was younger, my grandfather would constantly say to us children, “Good, better, best, never let it rest, ’till your good is better and your better is best.” It stuck with me, and until this day, I use this as a constant reminder in everything I do. Why settle at just being mediocre? Especially when it comes to your VDI solution.
Keeping that catchy little phrase in mind, why would you settle for a VDI that’s just “good enough”? Especially when you can have better, or even best? Again, why settle for just “ok”? We understand your needs, we know that you have plenty of reasons to consider VDI, from remote access needs to Windows apps, to enabling BYOD, or the need for a more strategic approach to desktop refresh. How you choose to drive your business is dependent on how you define value. You want options, you want efficiency, you want a superior user experiences, you want award-winning, you want BEST.
As you evaluate your VDI options, you’re probably looking at the industry’s two top solutions for implementing VDI: Citrix XenDesktop and VMware Horizon View. This is the time to think outside of the box, think beyond the assumptions and first impressions, and evaluate the solution that is the best for you and your business. Start with comparison information you can trust. Read the IDC MarketScape Report for an unbiased analysis of each vendor’s complete feature set and technology to make the right decision about desktop virtualization. And, when you do, you will see that Citrix XenDesktop is the only future-proof solution to deliver Windows apps and desktops as secure mobile services from a cloud-ready platform while simplifying management, reducing costs and enhancing security.
When it comes to choosing the best, the proof is in the details. Sure, on the surface Horizon View may seem like the best solution for your business, but once you start digging a bit, you will find that even when you ignore the other virtual desktop and app delivery methods XenDesktop supports, and comparing it with Horizon View on a VDI-only basis, XenDesktop still emerges as the clear winner.
Here are five reasons why:
1. XenDesktop delivers a better experience for Windows apps on mobile devices – XenDesktop is designed specifically to deliver a great VDI experience on any device people use. The Citrix solution leverages HDX Mobile technologies to automatically re-skin Windows 7 desktops for an intuitive, touch-friendly experience that allows full productivity on tablets and other mobile devices. XenDesktop also recognizes that there are times when it’s more efficient for a user to interact with a single app rather than a full desktop.
2. XenDesktop VDI can support heavy 3D applications – VDI makes it possible to empower users anywhere in the world with real-time access to professional 3D graphics and CAD/CAM applications as well as real-time collaboration around centrally hosted data. XenDesktop leads the way in the virtual delivery of 3D professional graphics applications and workstations.
3. XenDesktop supports client-side rendering to optimize performance – XenDesktop detects the resources available on the endpoint, then dynamically adapts to server-side or client-side rendering to ensure optimal performance for multimedia content. For mobile users, an H.264 standards-based super codec efficiently compresses server-side rendered video and graphics for hardware decode on mobile devices. With XenDekstop you can deliver a local PC-like experience for rich multimedia applications delivered via VDI while conserving bandwidth and server-side overhead.
4. XenDesktop optimizes network performance for a great experience anywhere – With integrated networking and WAN optimization, Citrix technology lets you create fine-grained prioritization policies for network traffic to get the most out of available network resources and maintain high service levels no matter how people connect—even over mobile broadband or remote office networks spanning continents.
5. XenDesktop saves time and money with efficient management and personalization – XenDesktop customers don’t have to choose between the IT benefits of pooled VDI and the user benefits of a personalized experience. Citrix technology makes it possible for users to apply customizations that persist between desktop sessions so each time they access their virtual desktop, they can work within the same familiar and productive app environment. Customers manage even large deployments more efficiently while reducing complexity and the cost of virtual storage.
A VDI initiative is an important step for any IT organization with potentially transformative benefits for your business. Why get started with a Horizon View solution that is complicated to install and is just good enough? XenDesktop is the BEST solution over View, that makes the choice even more clear. XenDesktop provides the great experience your users demand, the efficiency IT needs, and the flexibility your business depends on—wherever, however and on whatever device people work.
- The full white paper, “5 reasons XenDesktop beats Horizon View white paper”
- Email and landing page templates
- Twitter and copy blocks
- Customer success stories
- XenDesktop 7 Demo with Brad Peterson and Mark Templeton
- Supporting banners
- VDI comparison copy blocks to support your social media needs
- And, more
In addition to Citrix Marketing Concierge, you can find product related resources via Citrix Syndication that you can use today. Remember, linking your campaigns with relevant content hosted on your website not only provides customers with Citrix news that is hot now, and can drive leads!
To find out more information about these free programs, Citrix Marketing Concierge and Citrix Syndication, and to access materials, visit www.citrix.com/partnercentral today and select “Marketing Programs”.
Keep up to date on the latest news, materials and campaign availability from Citrix Channel Marketing:
Follow us on Twitter @ctxsyndication | @ctxmkgconcierge | @citrixpartners
Join our LinkedIn Group
You can also reach out to me directly at MarketingConciergeWW@citrix.com