In less than a week Citrix will be making the familiar pilgrimage to Austin, Texas, for one of the biggest events on the calendar, South by Southwest (SXSW).
Over the years, the technology portion of the festival, SXSW Interactive, has seen the launch of some of the most innovative and game-changing companies and concepts, including FourSquare, Twitter, Storify and even Tim Ferriss’ Four Hour Work Week.
In the spirit of these pioneering ideas, this year Citrix is all about seeding and inspiring new innovations that will help us live and work better now and into the future. But, instead of predicting the future we’re hoping to invent it at our first ever SXSW hackathon event on Sunday March 9th.
We’re calling all creative minds to spend an afternoon with us reimagining the tools we currently use to work together, play and live, kicking off with a lively panel discussion with folks who are as passionate about this topic as we are, including Bitcoin, Twitter and Jawbone and moderated by Joel Yarmon with Draper Associates.
‘Hack to the Future: Reinventing the Way We Work’ “Hack to the Future: Reinventing the Way We Work is an effort to inspire further new innovations, so attendees are invited to compete in a mini hackathon after the panel. The challenge is to create a visionary new app to help people and teams work better together. The winning developers will have an opportunity to pitch their ideas to Draper Associates, one of Silicon Valley’s top seed-stage venture capital firms, as well as receive annual premium licenses to Citrix GoToMeeting.
Our “Hack to the Future” panel brings together executives from some of the world’s most disruptive organizations:
- Leslie Miley, Sr. Engineering Manager, Twitter
- Patrick Murck, Legal Counsel, Bitcoin Foundation
- Joel Yarmon, Partner, Draper Associates
- Adrienne Huesca, Intellectual Property, Jawbone
- Bernd Christensen, Chief Technology Officer, SaaS Division, Citrix
The panel will also award the top hackathon participants the following awesome prizes:
- 1st prize: $10,000 and an in-person pitch meeting with Draper Associates, up to 5 Jawbone Up bands, 1 Bitcoin
- 2nd prize: $5,000, up to 5 Jawbone Up bands, 1 Bitcoin and a pitch meeting with Draper Associates via GoToMeeting
- 3rd prize: $2,500, up to 5 Jawbone Up bands, 1 Bitcoin and a pitch meeting with Draper Associates via GoToMeeting
- All winners will receive a one year license for GoToMeeting
WHERE: AT&T Conference Center, Conference Room 301, 1900 University Avenue, Austin, Texas 78705
You can follow Citrix and this event at:
- Twitter: @Citrix, @GoToMeeting
- Citrix on Facebook, GoToMeeting on Facebook
- SXSW event hashtag: #hacktothefuture
If you’re headed to Austin, we’d love to see you on Sunday!