Recently I’ve been doing a lot of blogging about benchmarking of GPU technologies. Being an engineer this tends to have been rather technical and in-depth. I’ve had a few comments from readers that they’d like more information on whether they should bother evaluating these technologies in the first place. For anyone looking to use visually rich graphical 3-D or CAD/PLM applications it may be work following some of our partners’ blogs such as solution provider WhiteHat.
How GPU sharing can help businesses
There is a new blog out from WhiteHat entitled “The Business Value of NVIDIA GRID vGPU Technology in VDI”.
In which they cover key business advantages of GPU sharing as available using vGPU on Citrix XenServer and XenDesktop including:
- Efficient Access to a global talent base of engineers.
- Security of Intellectual Property (IP).
- Improves operating efficiency and reduces costs.
- Enables work from home.
- Serves as a Business Continuity/ Disaster Recovery solution.
- Access to common users. (i.e. PLM/knowledge workers as well as CAD designers)
- Need to Leverage mobile devices.
WhiteHat have a webinar on Wednesday 8th January 2014 (11AM CST) where they will elaborate further which promises to be less turgid than my recent blog posts, sign up here.