As Summit 2014 approaches, we’re offering tips and guidance to help you get the best value from your conference experience.
Non-stop activity and excitement will be the hallmarks of the Citrix Summit conference on January 12-14, 2014, when partners and Citrix sales teams will come together for a memorable training and networking event. If you are planning to attend Summit — whether as a first timer or returning attendee – you can benefit from this checklist of items to complete before you arrive, and must-do activities once you are on site in Orlando.
Before you leave for Summit
Check in. Like the airlines, we are providing advance check-in for Summit via email a few days before the event. Once you check in, a bar code will be generated for you to scan at Registration once you arrive on site. This will expedite picking up your credentials so you can get started with Summit activities right away.
Download the Summit Mobile app. The mobile app, designed for Apple iOS and Android, and the Summit Mobile website for BlackBerry and other operating platforms, provide details on the agenda, sessions, convention center layout and much more. The app also is used to play the onsite Summit Mobile game, offering great prizes and lots of fun. The app will be available the week before the event.
Pre-register for your Citrix exam. Sign up ahead of time to take the Citrix certification exam of your choice for free at the onsite Certification Center. This is a convenient way to enhance your professional credentials.
Prepare your agenda. To be sure you can fit in all your target sessions, activities and meetings, map out your schedule for each day. For example, review the Session Catalog and the list of sponsors exhibiting at the Solutions Expo. Tip: choose sessions and labs at or just above your skill level.
Dress for success. When packing, keep in mind that while the Central Florida climate is generally warm, the weather in January can be cool and the convention center is air conditioned. So bring a light jacket or sweater in addition to your business casual clothes. Don’t forget something comfortable but “party cool” to wear at the Partner Appreciation Party.
Don’t forget ground transportation. Information on shuttles and taxis to the Hyatt Regency Orlando and surrounding hotels from Orlando International Airport, plus driving directions, are available on the Summit website. Note that attendees are responsible for their own transportation and parking expenses.
Once you are on site
- Be sure to arrive early enough on Sunday to attend the Welcome Reception, which provides a major networking opportunity as well as the first look at Solutions Expo exhibits.
- Be ready to take notes and ask questions at sessions, and reach out to Citrix experts and vendor representatives for one-on-one discussions.
- If you are interested in lab training, take advantage of the Self-paced Labs. In case you were unable to sign up for an Instructor-led Lab, consider waiting in line outside the room 15 minutes in advance, in case a seat opens up.
- Pace yourself and take an occasional break in The Lounge, the dedicated area for downtime as well as casual meetings.
- If you miss a breakout session, don’t worry too much. Some sessions repeat on another day, and the presentations will be made available one week after the event in the My Account tool.
- Enjoy shopping on site at the Citrix Store, which will feature a selection of high-quality, Citrix logoed merchandise for you or someone back home.
Most important, enjoy the many opportunities for sharing insights, strategy and goals with the Citrix sales team. We look forward to being “better together” with you, our valued partners, at Summit. See you there!
Be a part of the hubbub!
Join me by adding your voice to the Citrix Partner Hubbub!
Stay connected, follow us at @CitrixPartners on Twitter.