Sometimes we all need a bit of pressure to get down to business, especially with the holiday season in full swing. If you’ve been putting off writing that speaker proposal for Citrix Synergy 2014, now is the time. We’ve extended the Call for Topics deadline by a week – because if you’re an innovator, have conviction, credibility and a great tech story to tell – we want to hear from you! So don’t delay, you have until midnight on Sunday, December 8.
A quick refresher
To recap the program, we are looking for compelling topics that highlight solutions for mobility, virtualization, networking and cloud. Through the Call for Topics process, guest speakers are selected and invited to present their stories during a session at Synergy on May 6-8 in Los Angeles. If your topic is accepted by the judging panel, you’ll get time in the spotlight and your lead presenter will receive a complimentary full conference pass.
Following are some topics to consider for your submission:
- Mobility: Mobile app and device management, app stores, mobile security, collaboration, mobile data access, BYOD and workshifting.
- Virtualization: Desktop and app virtualization, Windows app migration, VDI, RDS and client virtualization.
- Networking: Network virtualization, software-defined networking, disaster recovery, app security and multi-tenancy in private and public clouds.
- Cloud: Cloud infrastructure and management solutions and technologies to use in leveraging IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
Also, please be sure the topic is educational, technical and credible, not a sales pitch. Customer references, case study examples and demos will increase your chances for selection by our committee of analysts, enterprise IT professionals and other industry thought leaders, listed below:
- Shawn Bass, Solutions Architect, ShawnBass.com
- Stacy Crook, Program Manager, Mobile Enterprise Research, IDC
- Rick Dehlinger, Chief Technology Officer, nGenx Corporation
- Juergen Heinrich, Chief Technology Officer, KIVBF
- David K. Johnson, Senior Analyst, Forrester
- Suresh Nagarajan, Director, Information Technology, Centene Corporation
- Alan Pawlak, Head of Client Services, Aetna Inc.
Take advantage of this extension
We hope this extended deadline will give you the extra few days you need to work on your Call for Topics proposal, while you procrastinate about something else!
Please follow me on Twitter @merisummers for Synergy content updates.