Here are a few common FAQs on NetScaler Upgrade.
1.How is the rollback procedure performed on a NetScaler appliance?
- The rollback procedure is similar to the basic upgrade procedure. Select the target build that you want to roll back to and perform the downgrade.
- Before rolling back to a different release, Citrix recommends that you create a copy of your current configuration files. To downgrade from release 10.1, see Downgrading from Release 10.1.
- 2. Can I upgrade a NetScaler appliance directly from 9.3 to 10.1. Or should I upgrade to 10.0 first and then to 10.1?
- Yes. You can directly upgrade a NetScaler appliance irrespective of the version or the build number.
- 3. Is the procedure for upgrading a NetScaler from classic to nCore different?
- Yes. Only version 9.3 or earlier supports classic builds. For details, see Upgrading from a Classic to an nCore Release .
- 4. Does 10.0 support classic builds?
- No. Release 10.0 supports only nCore builds. You must have a multi-processor Netscaler (MPX or higher) to upgrade to 10.0.
- 5. Can the primary appliance and secondary appliance have separate builds?
- Recommended practice is to use the same version and build number on both the primary and the secondary appliance.
- 6. Can both the appliances in an HA pair be upgraded at the same time?
- No. In a HA pair, first upgrade the secondary appliance and then upgrade the primary node. For details, refer Upgrading a High Availability Pair or Upgrading a NetScaler High Availability Pair to a Later Build.
- 7. Does Citrix support firmware upgrades in the amazon AWS cloud?
- 8. Can I upgrade the NetScaler instance independently of the SDX version.
- It is not required to upgrade the SDX version when the NetScaler appliance is upgraded. However, some features might not work.
- 9. Can I use the FTP server to upgrade the NetScaler appliance?
- No. You must first download the firmware from the Citrix download site, save it on your local computer and then upgrade the appliance.