When you browse through the Session Catalog for Citrix Summit 2014, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by all the changes and additions. In fact, with so many new enhancements, I’ve prepared a short “guided tour” of the 80 sessions spanning six tracks.
One of the new aspects of Summit sessions is a greater degree of tailoring. To meet the specific needs of partners in differing routes to market, the sessions focus on these primary areas:
1. New! Product roadmap and vision. This special session series, which was previously only available to SI partners, is now available to all. With executive-level speakers, we will be talking about the future of key markets, the influence of major trends and the vision for Citrix solutions. Here’s how it’s set up: the sessions are scheduled like a mini track, as they follow one another consecutively in the grid. We start with SUM133: A vision of the workplace of the future, including market growth trends, followed by roadmap and vision sessions for the four core solutions:
- Virtualization (SUM130: The Citrix vision for delivering Windows as a service)
- Networking (SUM111: NetScaler roadmap and vision)
- Mobility (SUM101: Why sell mobility today and in the future)
- Cloud (SUM140: Making money today and tomorrow with Citrix cloud solutions)
2. New! How to sell. We are putting greater emphasis on sales methodologies, guidance and best practices with more than 25 sessions. These presentations not only align with specific products, they cross product lines to cover solution-focused selling. To help partners win in specific markets, there are sessions on the unique requirements for top verticals:
- Education (SUM119: Maximizing education budgets to enhance learning with Citrix solutions)
- Healthcare (SUM117: Capitalizing on the multi-billion-dollar healthcare IT market with Citrix solutions)
- Financial services (SUM118: Maintaining your competitive advantage in financial services with Citrix solutions)
3. Enhanced! Deployment, support and troubleshooting. By popular demand, we’ve emphasized practical, in-depth training for technical roles, including deep dives and plenty of information on the latest products and technologies. Based on feedback from partners in the field, we have added more deployment sessions. Summit technical sessions complement Instructor-led and Self-paced labs to provide comprehensive training for partners in a condensed timeframe.
4. Enhanced! Special track for Citrix Service Providers. To support our large and growing community of loyal CSP partners, we offer a dedicated track that runs throughout Summit. This robust set of sessions focuses on helping CSPs develop their business, from defining and marketing their service offerings to using the CSP Reference Architecture.
Now that you’ve completed the mini tour, I encourage you to explore the catalog on your own and start choosing your must-attend sessions. And be sure to follow me on Twitter @merisummers for more Summit content updates.