The Microsoft Solutions team is pleased to announce the availability of our first Service Pack for the Citrix XenApp 6.5 Connector for Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. This provides improvements for both existing and new customers.
We released the Connector back in March and since then have been excited by the number of customers that have installed the connector to take advantage of the user-centric management that System Center offers and to improve the deployment, management and publication of applications on their XenApp Servers.
With the XenApp Connector, administrators can:
- Orchestrate the process of deploying applications to XenApp servers, farms, and worker groups from within the Configuration Manager console, both directly for traditionally managed farms, as well as for streamed farms when used in conjunction with Provisioning Services
- Extend the Configuration Manager user-centric and rules-based application delivery capabilities to deliver applications to users in the most appropriate manner for the device they are using: MSI, App-V, or XenApp
- Enable user self-service of XenApp hosted applications from both Receiver and the System Center Application Catalog
- Ensure high availability by optionally leveraging the Power and Capacity Management Concentrator to gracefully orchestrate the deployment of applications and software updates while minimizing downtime for users
Based on the feedback you have given us this Service Pack delivers the following improvements:
- Improved configuration Wizard to help administrators better select a Configuration Manager Maintenance Window during which all software is deployed to the XenApp Server
- Enable forward compatibility with future versions of the connector (more on that in an upcoming blog post!)
- Updated group policy console to support the latest XenApp Feature Pack &Connector
- Fixed key bugs raised by customers
- Enable in-place upgrade of the XenApp 6.5 Connector to XenApp 6.5 Connector (SP1)
We are proud of the improvements we have made for existing customers and the work we have done to make it easier to deploy & configure for new customers.
If you would like to learn more about the connector please check out this video and if you can download the update here and join our discussion community.
NOTE: This Service Pack replaces the previous download which is no longer available. Customers evaluating the 6.5 connector should upgrade to this 6.5 SP1 version as soon as possible. Customers who already have the 6.5 connector in production are strongly encouraged to test and evaluate this service pack.