On June 25, Citrix announced the next step in its strategy to drive the development of open source architecture. The XenServer 6.2 virtualization platform is the first XenServer offering to deliver a full-featured, open source, freely available software package. Citrix will sell the commercially supported version that includes software maintenance (Premier Support and Subscription Advantage).
XenServer 6.2 is now a simpler product that is easier to sell to more customers! Here’s what’s new:
- Simple, per-socket licensing available as a perpetual or annual license in a single XenServer edition
- Enhanced Citrix XenDesktop integration including faster desktop logins, new Desktop Director alerts for low resources and preemptive actions to prevent host downtime
- Platform improvements that deliver increased performance, scalability and workload density
- Windows 8 and Windows 2012 support to enable greater server consolidation and support more use cases
To drive momentum, a $199/socket pricing promotion for new orders of annual XenServer licenses will begin on July 25, 2013.
Note: the End of Sale for XenServer 6.1 and earlier has been announced. Refer to XenServer PND for complete details.
To learn more:
1. Review the Press Release and Key Messages and FAQs for Sales and Partners
2. Read the announcement blog
3. Visit Citrix.com/XenServer and XenServer.org
4. Discover the updated sales tools in the XenServer Product Kit
Please reach out to Scott L. Lindars, senior product marketing manager, Cloud Platforms Group for more information on XenServer 6.2.
Join the hubbub! As a member of the Citrix WW Channel Marketing team, I’m inviting you to join the conversation through social media channels. Although the topics I’ll cover each month are also presented in Citrix Partner News, a blog format is more interactive than a newsletter. It gives each of you the opportunity to express your opinions, ask questions and pass the information along to colleagues or customers.