You may have heard about the recent announcement of the general availability of Citrix XenMobile 8.5. Below is all the information you need on the release, including links to more information as well as the download locations for the server components. Share these exciting enhancements and features with your colleagues and customers.
XenMobile 8.5, the latest version of our enterprise mobility solution, includes several enhancements:
- XenMobile Enterprise Edition includes Citrix ShareFile Enterprise for enterprise file sync and share across mobile, PC and Mac devices.
- XenMobile MDM and App Editions include ShareFile Standard capabilities for content security and collaboration through Microsoft SharePoint and network file system integration.
- XenMobile MDM and Enterprise Editions include user-initiated voice and chat support via GoToAssist integration with the XenMobile unified client (Citrix Worx Home)
- The new, unified client (Worx Home) and app store deliver native access to any app type from device springboard on mobile devices.
- A secure browser that comes with XenMobile MDM Edition provides the ability to push bookmarks, home pages and blacklist/whitelist URLs.
Other features include:
- New ecosystem of enterprise-ready apps developed by Citrix and 65+ strategic partners
- New streamlined MDM enrollment experience
- New first-time administrator wizard for the XenMobile Device Manager admin portal
- Enhancements to role-based access controls (RBAC) for the XenMobile Device Manager admin portal
- Support for Windows PowerShell and Office 365 ActiveSync
- Enhanced policy support and app delivery to Windows Phone 8
- Support for Samsung Knox container and security policies
How to get documentation
XenMobile documentation is available on the Citrix eDocs website. There is no need to create a new user account to access this information.
All device agents, with the exception of Samsung, became available on July 8. As of that date, users began to see the update available on their device(s). We expect to have approval of the Samsung agent soon and will post a notice about this in the Customer Center.
Download XenMobile 8.5 server components
A demo and overview of the solution will be posted soon. For now, please visit the XenMobile website for more details.
Join the hubbub! As a member of the Citrix WW Channel Marketing team, I’m inviting you to join the conversation through social media channels. Although the topics I’ll cover each month are also presented in Citrix Partner News, a blog format is more interactive than a newsletter. It gives each of you the opportunity to express your opinions, ask questions and pass the information along to colleagues or customers.