Citrix VDI-in-a-Box 5.3 is now available! This is the most robust VDI-in-a-Box release to date. It delivers a simple, affordable VDI solution running on the latest Windows platforms and hypervisors, with tighter Citrix integration. Partners, be sure to share these new updates with your customers and colleagues. Read more about the new release below.
VDI-in-a-Box 5.3 delivers full Windows 8 support with the same HDX and PVD technologies found in XenDesktop 7. It also provides a brand-new wizard for easy-to-use SSL certificate installation and management, and much more!
Here is the full feature list:
Latest Windows 8 support
- HDX connection to Windows 8 desktops
- Personal desktops available on both Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Support for Windows Server 2012 VHDX format natively on Hyper-V
Tight integration with other Citrix solutions
- SSO with Citrix NetScaler Gateway for secure remote access
- Improved end-user messages for effective self-service
- Improved image distribution troubleshooting tool and centralized log collection
Enhanced user and IT experience
- SSL wizard allows IT to generate both CA-issued and self-signed certificates
- Support for Citrix XenServer 6.2 to stay current with latest technologies
- Integration with Citrix AppController so users can access virtual desktops, mobile and SaaS apps and data – all from one place
- Support for Universal Printing Server and ability to print to any network printer without driver installations
Download the VDI-in-a-Box 5.3 product kit from the Sales Knowledge Base, visit the product page and get familiar with the release by reading feature blogs.
If you have questions about VDI-in-a-Box, please contact Malathi Malla.
The topics that I cover each month in Partner Hubbub are also presented in Citrix Partner News, but I find that an interactive blog format is more effective in spreading the word. It gives each of you the opportunity to express your opinions, ask questions and pass the information along to colleagues or customers.
I hope you’ll add your voice to the “Citrix Partner Hubbub”!
Also, be sure to follow us at @CitrixPartners on Twitter.