Hello, I’m Natalie and I live a mobile workstyle.
This is the point where you’d all say “Hi, Natalie” as a big group and we’d discuss the particular challenges of living in a mobile world. If this feels eerily similar, then you’re not alone. Over the past few years, employee demands for mobile workstyles has skyrocketed. Employees want the ability to work in the places and on the devices that make the most sense to them. They want access to the information and apps they need wherever they are. They want to collaborate in real-time with their colleagues around the world. They want to be assured that if they have a problem, they have a support friend just a fingertip away. Really, employees just want to transform their work so that they have the freedom to get their job in the way that works best. And I am no different.
Today, Citrix announced the next version of XenMobile – a complete solution for managing apps, data and devices. While Citrix has been talking about enabling mobile workstyles for a long time, this next version redefines how organizations can bring the benefits of enterprise mobility to all users. Specifically, XenMobile now combines mobile device, app and data management, a unified corporate app store, mobile productivity apps, such as email and web browsing, as well as secure document sharing, syncing and editing, and “one-touch” live support into an inclusive solution for delivering mobile services to business.
While this release is jam-packed with new capabilities, I thought I would give you my top 10, in no particular order. With XenMobile, It can now:
- Configure, secure and provision mobile devices: XenMobile provides IT the ability manage and secure corporate and employee-owned devices while meeting compliance requirements.
- Deliver one-click live chat and support: XenMobile integrates with GoToAssist to provide service desk and remote support tools that give mobile users a critical lifeline to live support for maximum uptime and productivity.
- Provide access to SharePoint and network drives: XenMobile with ShareFile integration allows IT to mobilize data in SharePoint and network file share for any user with full security.
- Enterprise-enable any mobile app: Using the new Worx App SDK, any custom developed, third-party or BYO mobile app can be delivered to users through the Worx App Gallery with comprehensive policy-based controls, including mobile DLP and the ability to remote lock, wipe and encrypt apps and data. And to make this one better, Citrix is working with leading mobile app developers to ensure their apps are Worx-enabled and thus ready to be distributed to employees using XenMobile. So far, more than 80 Worx-enabled third party apps will be showcase in the Worx App Gallery.
- Deliver secure mail, calendar and contacts app and mobile web browser: XenMobile includes WorxMail and WorxWeb, beautiful native iOS and Android apps for email, calendar and contacts app and mobile web browsing that integrates with other Worx-enabled apps and leverages the MDX mobile app security features to offer secure productivity on the go. (And, for organizations wanting to use the native email clients, XenMobile has added support for cloud based email systems, such as Microsoft Office 365, with improved security for control of out-of-compliance devices.)
- Benefit from an app-specific micro VPN: XenMobile provides an application-specific micro VPN to enable any mobile app to access an organization’s internal network, preventing the need for a device-wide VPN that can compromise security.
- Provide seamless Windows app integration: XenMobile provides users easy access to all of their desktops and apps delivered by XenDesktop in the same view as their web and mobile apps.
- Deliver a unified corporate app store: XenMobile provides a single place for users to select and access all of their apps – mobile, web and Windows – on any device and as they move among their favorite devices, their chosen apps follow them to ensure full productivity.
- Support multi-factor single sign-on: With XenMobile, IT can simplify the user experience with secure single sign-on across mobile, web and Windows apps ensuring that users don’t need to remember yet-another-password.
- Secure document sharing, sync and editing – in the cloud or on-premises: The integration between ShareFile and XenMobile provides follow-me data across devices and apps and allows users to view, edit and share data within a secure container on their mobile device. And, with ShareFile, IT has choice regarding how they store their data – in the cloud, on-premises or a combination of both.
Hopefully, this glimpse into XenMobile and how important mobility is to Citrix. As for me, this is why you wont hear me talking about the challenges of living a mobility workstyle because XenMobile gives me all the capabilities I need. And, if done correctly, Citrix can truly make it easy for companies to transform work and enable employees to work better.