Nobody denies that cloud computing is just about everywhere these days. You read about it in analyst reports, whitepapers, blogs and industry website like TechTarget. It seems like you can’t go to an IT conference without going to at least one cloud focused breakout session, let alone the plethora of new dedicated cloud events like Cloud Expo and Cloud Connect that have emerged. And of course, we’ve already adopted it in our personal and work lives with services that range from Google Docs, Evernote and iCloud to Saleforce.com, ShareFile, Amazon Web Services and LinkedIn.
That’s all well and good, but if you’re an enterprise IT person, chances are you asking yourself, so how does building our own cloud fit into my organizations IT strategy and infrastructure? What are the types of use cases and workloads we could move to the cloud? What will our users get out of it? Will IT save time… infrastructure… overhead… money…?
In two weeks at Synergy Los Angeles, Manan Shah, Cloud Orchestration Product Manager and I are going to help you answer these very questions. During Synergy 202: Enterprise Use Cases Today and Tomorrow (May 22, 4:30 PM) we’ll be helping you move past the noise around cloud and get down to brass tacks: showing you specific use cases and examples of the types of clouds enterprise are building with CloudPlatform, CloudPortal Business Manager and XenServer. What can you expect? Drawing upon Citrix’s experience building over 150 large scale cloud deployments, we’ll look at:
- What are the most common cloud use cases and workloads in the enterprise, government and education sectors?
- Why enterprises are moving their cloud strategy beyond just IaaS?
- The important role that self-service delivery of cloud services has in building an enterprise cloud.
- What organizations are doing today and tomorrow to enable the journey towards Anything-as-a-Service?
It’s also worth mentioning what we won’t cover:
- Deep dives on Citrix cloud solutions and architecture – there are some many other awesome cloud sessions at Synergy that will cover these topics. Even better, most are on Thursday and Friday so you won’t miss out.
- The run of the mill cloud topics – private verse public cloud, is cloud right for you, etc. – you’ve probably already know this, hence coming to the session.
- Analyst research, surveys, reports – there is plenty of that out there for you to consume on your own.
If you haven’t already, download the Synergy Mobile App and add Synergy 202: Enterprise Use Cases Today and Tomorrow to your schedule. I’m really excited to share this conversation with you and hope to see you at the session.
See you in two weeks at Synergy!
Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Citrix Cloud Platforms Group