Cowboy consumerization is here…and it’s here to stay. You may not want to admit it, but you already have a few “outlaws” in your organization who are using their own devices, regardless of whether you allow them to or not. In fact, you probably have entire departments accessing email, apps and data on devices and through services that are not secure. The consumerization of IT is here to stay, so you may as well embrace it.
When business information is accessed by user-owned, consumer-grade devices, the right technology foundation is essential to ensure IT control. The question is where to begin. What are the business, user and IT benefits of enabling bring-your-own device (BYOD)?
The business wants to make employees more productive yet remain compliant. Users want access to all their enterprise apps and data from their many devices and IT wants to ensure security and control in a way that’s simple to manage.
Before you begin a BYOD initiative, it’s important to understand the underlying products that will become a part of your BYOD solution and their functionality and feature sets. One size does not fit all and, even though a BYOD solution may seem complex, it’s important to realize that it all boils down to addressing four key things:
- Multiple Devices – Employees are bringing their own devices (on average 3) into the workplace – whether you like it or not.
- Lots of Apps – IT have lots of them and different types (Windows, Web, SaaS and Mobile) that everyone want access to from their device.
- Unmanaged Data – Employees are leveraging free, insecure, unmanaged cloud-based storage.
- Security and Control – IT needs to be in complete control of all the apps and data being accessed from bring-your-own devices.
This four part series consists of:
- Assess Your Environment for BYOD Success – Now Available On-Demand
- Design Your Environment to Achieve BYOD Success – Now Available On-Demand
- Deploy Your BYOD Model Successfully – Now Available On-Demand
- Support Your BYOD Model Successfully – Now Available On-Demand
Learn how Citrix products such as Citrix Receiver, Citrix Worx Apps, XenMobile, XenDesktop, XenApp, ShareFile, GoToMeeting, GoToAssist, and XenClient integrate with each other to deliver a complete end-to-end BYOD solution. Enabling BYOD is not easy buy it doesn’t have to be a daunting task.
WATCH TODAY and learn how to address the challenges of assessing, designing, deploying and supporting a comprehensive BYOD solution.