Also in time for the new year, this version responds to requests for user experience improvements and adds support for StorageZones in conjunction with CloudGateway 2. To update your Mac, visit http://receiver.citrix.com/.
As before, you can configure using with an email or server address or activate by opening a provisioning file or even deploy using an ESD tool. However you can no longer deploy this version via the Merchandising Server. Full documentation is on eDocs.
Below are more details on what is new, what has changed, and what we are working on. Please continue to let us know where we can improve. Its a big help.
Single authentication to the Access Gateway:
- Use of a single session for both VPN and clientless access so that a Receiver user logs on once for both types of access and consumes only one license.
- Automatic routing of ICA traffic through the Access Gateway ICA proxy for optimal user experience.
- Automatic start-up of a VPN tunnel when a user logs on. This feature requires that you disable the Single Sign-On with Windows setting on the Access Gateway.
- Support for Access Gateway SmartAccess controls.
Improved logon and logoff operations:
- Users are prompted to log on to Receiver only when a logon is required. Actions that require a log on include starting an app from Receiver or the Finder, using the Refresh Apps command, viewing or searching for apps, or adding an account. A user is logged on only to the account associated with the requested resource.
- Users remain logged on until choosing to log off or exit Receiver, roam from the internal network to an external network, or delete passwords.
- A VPN tunnel is established only if needed. Internal users are logged on to StoreFront.
Other Usability improvements:
- The Request button is removed. Users can now simply click to add an app and, if a request for permission to add the app is required, a dialog box appears.
- Error messages are clearer.
- All Receiver User interface (UI) images are retina display compliant.
- Receiver provides support for ShareFile StorageZones, which enable data storage close to users.
- You can now use server certificates with a public key of 2,048-bit RSA and a SHA256 signature hash algorithm.
What else is new
Access Gateway plugin for Mac 2.1.4 is required for the new Receiver-AG integration. It supports OXS 10.7 and 10.8 and both Access Gateway Enterprise Edition 9.3and 10.X . Click here to update to this version.
HDX RealTime Optimization Pack for Lync™ for Mac – The Lync Optimization pack offers clear, crisp high-definition video calls in conjunction with Microsoft® Lync™ by leveraging the user device for local media processing. Click here to find the December update that supports Mac -mycitrixID requuired.
What has changed
This version of Receiver for Mac cannot be deployed or upgraded via Merchandising Server. We made the decision to focus engineering efforts on ultimately enabling configuration directly from StoreFront and software updates coming directly from Citrix, believing this would have the greater long term value.
What else are we working on
First, we are redoubling our efforts to respond to issues recently reported. There are session reliability and reconnect issues we hope to conquer in the coming weeks.
From there the next update for Mac should occur with the Excalibur version of XenDesktop mid next year . Planned featurings include IPV6, desktop useability features, and as mentioned above automatic notifications of updates.
Again we appreciate your continued feedback.