Windows 8 and Windows RT devices will start rolling out later this month – just in time for the holiday shopping season – and you can depend on Citrix award-winning collaboration, file sharing, remote access, remote support and desktop virtualization services to allow you to work and play from anywhere. As we outlined to our customers and partners at our Synergy Barcelona customer conference this week, Citrix plans to provide comprehensive support for Windows 8- and Windows RT-compatible services throughout its product line starting now and continuing through into the new year.
Available this month, Citrix is pleased to announce Windows 8 compatible versions of:
- • File sharing and sync: ShareFile Sync for Windows as well as ShareFile MS Outlook Plug-in
- • Citrix collaboration services: GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, GoToTraining and Podio*
- • IT support: GoToAssist Remote Support, Monitoring & Service Desk and GoToAssist Corporate
- • Remote desktop access: GoToMyPC (available in beta)
- • Any time, anywhere access: Citrix Receiver for Windows 8
- • Virtual desktops & apps: VDI-in-a-Box 5.1, tech preview with XenDesktop, XenApp and AppDNA
Joint customers of Windows and Citrix who upgrade to Windows 8 will experience seamless and automatic updates, enabling them to enjoy uninterrupted access to our cloud-based services. By providing immediate and timely support for Windows 8, we can ensure our customers can work where, when and with whom they need to in order to remain productive and provide continuous service to their internal and external customers.
We are very excited about this new chapter in our partnership with Microsoft and have been working hard to ensure our new and existing customers can depend on our products for their remote access, file sharing and collaboration needs. For the past 23 years we have shared a common goal to make it as seamless and simple for our customers to have the best tools at their fingertips to build successful businesses. As more and more organizations depend on mobile devices, apps and cloud-based services versus desktop computers and software, Citrix and Microsoft continue to design innovative solutions that make it easy for our customers to work from anywhere on any device – in a secure and reliable fashion.
As I mentioned, this is just the beginning. We are looking forward to sharing more news about our work with Microsoft to create an awe-inspiring experience each and every time our customers use Citrix products on Windows devices. Of course, we will let you be the judge and encourage you to let us know what you think.
VP, Global Marketing & GM, eCommerce, Online Services Division
* Podio is accessible through the latest version of Internet Explorer included in Windows 8.