It’s the latest addition to the Citrix Synergy agenda in Barcelona and a great new way to get in-depth training. The Self-paced Learning Labs programme expands your technical training choices at Synergy even further with convenient, on-demand learning. These labs, which focus on core Citrix technologies such as XenApp and XenDesktop as well as new solutions such as ShareFile and CloudGateway, complement Instructor-led Learning Labs, technical breakouts and live demos. They are designed primarily for administrators and architects responsible for implementing and managing a Citrix environment.
Most of the Synergy agenda items are scheduled for a specific date and time. But the Self-paced Learning Labs are different. They give you the freedom to select technical training at your convenience and learn at your own pace. These 90-minute hands-on labs offer the ultimate in flexibility: no reservations and no equipment required. Just sit down at an available workstation, choose your lab and get started. We’re even making them available starting at noon and into the evening on Tuesday, 16 October, so attendees who arrive before the official Synergy kick-off can get a head start on training.
Self-paced Learning Lab hours
- Tuesday, 16 October: 12:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, 17 October: 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 18 October: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, 19 October: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
There are 12 Self-paced labs at three experience levels – introductory, intermediate and advanced. They cover different skills including administration and troubleshooting. Here are a few of the topics:
- Optimising printing in a desktop virtualisation environment
- Leveraging NetScaler clusters to improve application performance
- Simplify lifecycle management of desktop images with provisioning services 6
- Citrix XenApp 6.5 migration made easy
- Deliver file sharing and synchronisation services using ShareFile
- Aggregate, control and deliver Windows, web and SaaS applications with CloudGateway Enterprise
These labs offer a great way to acquire some new skills on the fly. There are 50 workstations so you can be confident of getting a seat when you’ve got some free time. So, take a break from the Synergy schedule and drop by the Self-paced labs!
And be sure to follow me on Twitter @merisummers for more Synergy content updates.